The Perfect Night (Still Mia's POV) Chapter 8

Oh. My. Gosh.

Dance. Is. today.

Luke. Asked. Me. To. The. Dance.

Those were the only things that I could think about while Mum was doing my hair and makeup. I still wasn't over the fact that he asked me. Of all the girls. Me.

"What are you smiling about?" Mum asked me, I almost forgot she was there. I giggled.

"Noting, Mum!" I said with a grin. She smiled, too. It must be nice for her to have a break from my usual emo mood.

"It's okay, you'll see Luke in a while. I'm almost finished, anyway." Mum said, I nodded. She knew how much i liked Luke. I mus've gotten her taste because she used to have a crush on his father as well. She showed me a picture of him in her highschool yearbook. I had to admit, he had some looks. Luke was lucky to get his looks from his Dad (although I never saw his Mum yet).

"Okay, you're done!" Mum said. I looked in the mirror and gasped.

"Oh, thank you, Mum. Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" I squealed. I didn't even recognize my self anymore. I looked so . . . Girly. Even if it isn't my usual getup, I liked how I looked. No wonder Mum's salon earns so plenty!

"No problem!" She said with a chuckle. "Ready to go?"

I nodded eagerly. This is going to be PERFECT.

Mum dropped me off outside the entrance, Luke was there waiting for me.

"Hey!" Luke said, running towards me. He looked at me from top to bottom. "You look different."

"Yeah, I know." I said, trying to sound casual. "Mum did my hair and makeup."

He nodded. "Aw, yeah! She owns that salon down the street, right?" I nodded.

"Ah, no wonder you look beautiful," he said, making me blush. "Shall we go in?" he asked me, offering his elbow.

"Let's go!" I said, linking arms with him. We entered the almost full gymnasium, and every girl stared at me.

Whispers echoed inside the gym, beginning to create rumors about me and Luke. This has NEVER happened to me, ever. It made me so uncomfortable.

"Don't mind them," He whispered in my ear, "They're just jealous because I didn't take them."

I smiled at him. Under all that bad boy image, he's really sweet and caring. No wonder he's so easy to fall for.

Right after that, Alliana and Ariana popped out of nowhere. They patted my shoulders and I nearly screamed at their faces. Instead, they screamed at mine.

"Oh my-" Ariana began.

"BEAUTIFUL!" Alliana finished for her. Making me blush.

"Thanks, sis!" I said, to her, Luke was still holding my hand, resulting to gasp from the two.

"Hey, uh, Luke, can we um, borrow her for a sec?" Ariana asked him, nervously.

Luke nodded "Sure, go ahead."

They thanked him by nodding, and then they pulled me over to the corner of the gym.

"I STILLCAN'T BELIEVE HE ASKED YOU!" Alliana said, playfully slapping me in the arm.

"And now you're with him!" Ariana said, squealing. "Shame on you!"

I stuck my tongue out at her. "Ha-ha he's mine tonight!" I said, jokingly.

They giggled. So I asked them, "Do you guys have dates?"

They shook their heads. "I don't want one." Ariana said.