Life Thrown Away (Daniel's POV) Chapter 42

And, look who's back!

Why did Luke even think of trying to get her back? He left her for someone else. He deserves the pain.

But why do I have a feeling that Mia's not the reason he came back?

Was it me? Was he out to get me for getting his girl? Because I wouldn't have gotten her from him anyway if he took care of her. If he hadn't been sneaking around behind her back, maybe they would've tried to maintain some kind of long-distance relationship or something. Either way, he'd still have her. And they'd be happy.

Whatever his reason is for coming here, something doesn't feel right. I have this strange feeling that he has some bad intentions for going here.

Maybe I'm just exaggerating. I mean, even if Mia mentioned him about a gazillion times, I met him for a few times, I still don't know him all that well.

So I decided to get some fresh air, I didn't want this to get to me. The beach was where I needed to go.

Luke had no chance with Mia. NO chance at all. She's mine. All mine.

Wow, I just realized how selfish I sounded right there. But still, I know that she'll be faithful to me.

Just like how faithful she was with Luke?

Gotta hate my conscience sometimes.

When i got to the beach, the scent of the salt water still seemed so new to me.

This place brought back some memories. It was the place where I first laid my eyes on the beautiful angel I fell in love with.

I daydreamed some more, and I just realized something.

We're graduating this year.

In two freaking weeks, Mia and I are just a few months away from entering university.

She mentioned something about applying to Harvard University and about 3 colleges in NYC. I, for one, had NO idea about what I wanted to do after I graduate.

When i was still the Greyson Chance, this wouldn't have been a problem. Probably a course in Music Production or directing movies or something. Now, I had to think.

I ran through all the possible jobs I could see myself doing in the future. Doctor? No way. I'm a sucker for Science. Lawyer? Nah, I think I'm too nice for that. Teaching? .... Pass!

I once asked Alex what he wanted to be in the future, and he wanted to enter politics. Not that I balmed him, that job pays pretty well. Plus, it kinda suited him.

Kristen, Mia's friend has no idea either, so she said she'd take some kind of Science. Archaeology? Did I get that right?

Well, I'd decide on a job later. I probably have to think of a college I could apply to that'd bring me close to Mia. Maybe the same ones she'd applied to?

Usually I'd have to ask my mom about these stuff. Which is exactly what I did once I got home.

"Mom," I said, as I entered my living room where she was with Dad. "Could I ask you something?"

"When have I ever denied that question?" Mom huffed. "What is it?"

"Well, I'm graduating this year and...." I began.

"And?"

"Well, I haven't decided on a college yet so...."

Mom and Dad gave each other some kind of 'oh-no' look.

"Oh sweetie about that....." Mom began.

"Is it okay if you don't study for the next few years?" Dad asked, with a hopeful smile.

I couldn't believe it! They've always been the ones telling me to do well in school and now, when I'm the one who made some effort, they turn me down.

"Define 'the next few years'." I said, trying to keep my voice calm.

"Well," Mom began. "A really long time."

I was in rage. My whole life - all my hard work - was about to be wasted. Even without my parents  constantly reminding me, one of my main goals in life is to graduate with good grades and become whatever I was meant to be.

And now my chance at that was all ruined.

"Why?!" I yelled. On a normal day, I would've gotten reprimanded for shouting at them, but I guess today was pretty understandable.

"Well, I hope you haven't forgotten that your name is Greyson Chance." Mom pointed out.

"Which you've changed!" I shot back.

"In Australia." Dad said, backing Mom up. "You're still Greyson Chance in America."

"Then let me study here!" I retorted. "I need to finish something."

"You don't understand." Mom said softly, trying to hold back the tears. "When you apply for a job - anywhere in the world - they'll go back to all your previous records. They'll look through every single one of them and decide whether to hire you or not. What if one of them happens to say something about who you - we - were? You need to understand."

"You should've thought about that before we even went to Australia and changed our lives!" I said, my voice getting louder every time I spoke. "We're not the only celebrities who went through this! Every single 'big' star has been through all that stalking and they survived!"

"Well, I'm sorry if we wanted you to experience a normal childhood." Dad whispered, putting his arm around Mom for comfort.

I sighed, shook my head and headed to my room.

This has GOT to be the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

I called Mia and told her to meet me at Sienna and I's old hangout spot.

And the truth shall be prevailed.

=================:::::::::::::::::::===============

Hi guys! :D

Like what I said before (if you've been reading the comments (; hehehe ), I was gonna upload this chapter a little late to make it kinda long, but this is gonna have a part 2 so this whole chapter is gonna be at least 2 pages. Anyway, what do you think about the last line? Did I give too much away? Anyway, just keep reading ((; This gets better and better.

xoxo <3