A Fresh Start (Mia's POV) Chapter 48

As I landed, I pinched my arm and told myself that I'm starting a new life here.

I wasn't used to Massachusetts. It was quite different from Australia, and some of them couldn't understand me right because of my accent. And it was lonely there because Kristen wouldn't be arriving for another week.

I got my bags from the claiming area and waited outside the airport to see if any buses or cabs were passing by.

No luck.

I asked a bunch of people where the Harvard dorms were, and most of the shook their heads or just didn't feel like helping poor, innocent me out.

Wait, doesn't my phone have a built-in GPS thingy?

I could be so stupid sometimes.

Sighing, I pulled my phone out from my pocket. I turned Airplane Mode off and tried finding WiFi.

Nada.

What did I get myself into? I didn't think I'd even try going this far from home. It just so happened that I passed the entrance exam... And here I was. On scholarship.

These are some of the times when I wish I could have someone to talk to. I guess I could try texting someone, but sadly, I can't do that now. My SIM Card won't work here.

"Hey," A friendly face said, tapping me on the shoulder.

"Holy sh*t!" I exclaimed, hitting him on the nose.

"Ow, ow, ow," the handsome blondie said, covering his slightly injured nose.

"I am SO sorry." I said, trying to help him out. "You alright?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine, it's just... Uhm.... OW." He said, squeezing his nose a bit more.

"Ah! You sure you're alright?" I asked him once more.

"Yeah." He replied, beginning to knit his brows. "Why'd you do that?"

His tone held a tone of accusation and offense.

"I really don't know." I admitted. "But you know, I didn't see your face all that well,"

"I see."

"And I'm not from around here,"

"I can tell."

"And I thought that you were some kind of criminal,"

"Offensive."

I gave him a glare, but it ended up turning into a smile. This guy was pretty funny. I laughed a little.

"Oh, so you're laughing at me now?" The guy mockingly asked me.

"I'm sorry." I giggled. "You're reactions are just .... Just ...."

"Weird? Retarded?" He tried. "I know, thanks."

I smiled at him. "Sure you don't need to go to the hospital or anything."

"For the last time, N-" he pinched his nose another time.

Wow, did I really hit him THAT hard?

"Okay, maybe I DO need to go to a doctor." He said, finally agreeing to my offer.

"Thought so." I remarked. "Do you know how to get there?"

He rolled his eyes in a teasing way.

"Follow me, miss." He said with what was either a perfect British accent, or an awful mock Australian one.

He led me to his convertible. It was elegant and bright red, the type you only see in movies.

"Whoa," I said, with an inaudible sigh as I put my bags at the trunk of the car. "This is yours?"