Reunited (Greyson's POV) Chapter 53

5 years later....

It's been a year since I finished school, and it's been five since I saw Mia.

I wonder how she was? If you're wondering, yes, I still love her.I'm now working as a veterinarian. Science was my weakness before, but I somehow ended up loving it. My love for animals helped, too.I flew to Massachusetts just a few weeks ago. I got reassigned by the hospital I worked in. This kinda made me think that I had a chance to make things right with her.

By the time I reached home, I was lucky I had no work brought home, no calls, no anything. And I'm serious, these stuff barely happened to me. And this kinda meant I could do anything right now.

I shuffled to my room and flopped ontop of my bed, wearing a huge smile on my face. All the stress, all the hard work probably paid off, but I still had a problem.

It was February 15th.

What's wrong with February 15th? I honestly don't know. But all I know is that this is the time of the year when I felt like I lost something. Like something's missing, and it's my fault.

I always thought that "something" was Mia. And I know I lost her, too, but it feels different. Like I lost someone I never knew, you know? I hope I'm not the only one who has ever felt that way.

I sighed as I grabbed a coat and headed for a walk around the new area. I visited the park, the mall, the diner near the playground - all that. What else was I supposed to do when I'm not on duty?

I went back to my two storey apartment, staring at  my phone and waiting for a call.

I'm definitely not used to day-offs here.

I groaned and turned my laptop on.

No new emails.

So I decided to send one.

But to who?

I scrolled through my buddy list and found exactly who I thought of.

Alex.

I pondered and started thinking of things I should say to him since I haven't talked to him in such a long time. I typed in;

Hi Alex!

Just asking you how things have been. We haven't seen each other in FOREVER! And I kinda realized that I still haven't apologized to you for ... You know. Lying, not being able to tell you the truth in person, but I felt like the whole world had a right to know. But I honestly, telling you now how sorry I am did not cross my mind. But again, sorry.

Anyway, how you been? I'm currently in Massachusetts, working as a vet. I know it's not that much of a job for you, judging by the dreams you've been telling me you had when I was with you. When you still trusted me with everything.

I know you're probably gonna ask what happened to Mia. Well, we're over. And I guess you thought of that, too. But you know what? I still love her. And I know it's pretty cheesy for me to say this about her, but she's the only one I'll ever love. No one else, just her.

I think that's all I have to say. If you don't mind, I wanna hear about you now. (;

I'm always gonna be here for you, man. Don't forget that.

Daniel

P.S. I hope this is still your email address.

I clicked send, waiting for a reply. I know he probably won't say anything because of how pissed he is at me for lying, but I guess it's worth a shot.

My phone buzzed.

Now someone decided to text me something.

FROM: Mr. Delaware

Grey, head over here. There's someone I want you to meet, she wants to ask you for an interview. And come quick, she doesn't look like she's in the mood to wait.

Smiling a smile that had relived written all over it, I grabbed my lab coat and headed for the hospital.

I took a cab there, being too lazy to walk no matter how much energy I still had saved in my body. What can I say, my laziness still hasn't left me, even now that I'm 22 years of age.

Rushing to my office in the hospital, I spotted my boss talking to a girl about my age with familiar wavy locks.

"Greyson!" Mr. Delaware smiled, walking my direction once he noticed my presence in the room.

He probably wasn't gonna. But he did!

"Hey." I greeted.

"I want you to meet someone." He said, gesturing to the girl. "She's a writer for The City Daily."

I stared at the angel who appeared before my eyes. He didn't have to tell me her name anymore.

I knew I was in the presence of Mia MacAller.

===================:::::::::::::::::::::==================

Oh!

Whut!

Yeah!

Hahahahha hi!

Thought I'd update again, but I didn't expect it to be this long. Wow. Anyway, the usual blah. Enjoy :D