Another Shot (Luke's POV) Chapter 59

Jackson Davis.

Sienna's brother.

A true, blood relative of the love of my life.

Has called me and wants to discuss something with me.

Does he know that I don't even have a freaking job?

I wonder what he'd tell me.

Grabbing my keys, I frustratedly hopped in my car and sped through the driveway.

When I made it to Starbucks,  I clicked my key to lock the car and went inside the place.

It was a lot quieter than usual. This was usually the hour before the place closes down, and it's usually still packed.

Sitting near the window was a buff man with a tattoo of a scorpion on his bicep.

I immediately knew that Jackson Davis was present.

I walked in the direction of the guy.

"You Jackson?" I asked him.

"Luke?" He asked, I nodded. "Sit." I did.

"Coffee?" He offered.

"I'm good." I told him. "So, what is it you wanted to talk about?"

"Seen this lately?" He asked me, showing me a picture of two figures. A brunette hand in hand with a petite girl with dark hair colouring.

I was immediately aware that I was looking at Daniel and Mia.

Oh, my bad.

GREYSON and Mia.

That liar, how could she have fallen for him anyway?

Jackson caught me staring, making a light smirk form on his face.

"Here's the thing, kid." He said to me. "This guy, and this girl, are engaged. Meaning, there will be this upcoming wedding soon."

"So?"

"So I got something for you." He said. "A few years back, when my sister died, me and this Chance kid had a deal. I made him promise not to love again, seeing the way he treated my sister before. Sienna deserved better. And now, as you can see, this guy broke his promise to me. I want you to help me ruin him."

"What's in it for me?" I asked him.

"You get the girl." He smirked. "I'll take care of the guy."

"I don't care about the girl." I blurted out.

"You don't, eh?" Jackson asked me, seeming a little too amused. "Is there someone else?"

I opened my mouth to say someone's name, but only one entered my mind.

Sienna....

Jackson let out some kind of drunk laughter.

"My sister?" He smirked, pulling himself together. I gulped. How does he know?

"Listen, kid." He said. "Don't pretend like nothing happened between you two. I know everything. Online relationship? I didn't think my sister could've been that stupid. She-"

"She wasn't stupid!" I yelled, furious about such an insult. Jackson smirked, opening a bottle of vodka.

How did he bring an alcohol in Starbucks?

"Um, sir.." The barista said, sniffing the scent of drunk pleasure. "Drinks like that aren't allowed in the cafe, could you please.."

"Sweetie," Jackson said, lowering his voice, trying to make it seductive enough. He stood up. "When I do something, you better stay out of it. You don't wanna know about the things I do to people who get in my way."

I saw the girl, around 15 years old, look frightened with Jackson's threatening words as he brought out a tiny piece of plastic he nearly shoved in her face.

"H-hey." I said.

Damn, why did I stutter?

"Leave her out of this." I told Jackson who smirked.

"Alright kid." He said to the girl. "Go."

"B-but," The girl said, stuttering as well. "M-my shift.."

"Do you want to stay?" He asked her, in a fake sweet tone.

The girl shook her head and scurried out the door while I was just there, watching Jackson laugh like the pedophile he is.

"Why did you do that to her?" I asked him.

"Because she's just as stupid as how Sienna was." He said, looking at me, daring me to fight back. Getting myself together, I breathed and glared at him.

"Tell me again." I said to him. "What's in it for me?"

"Like I said," Jackson replied. "You get the girl."

"And like I said," I told him. "What if I don't want the girl?"

"You don't?" He asked, faking shock. "Not for anything? Not love, slavery, se-"

"No." I said, picking up confidence. "She's my ex-girlfriend, I'm not doing that to her."

"Well," Jackson shrugged. "If you still aren't convinced, that might leave me with this last option of mine."

He took out something form his satchel; a checkbook. He put it on the table for me to see.

The Bank of Australia

Name of Receiver: Luke Dawson

Amount:  $ 250 000

Giving it a good look, I narrowed my eyes to form a glare.

"You're giving me $ 250 000 for helping you crash a wedding?" I asked him.

"250 grand if you agree." He told me. "Another 250 000 if you get the boy abused, and I'll give you half a million if we succeed."

"Where did you get the money?" I asked.

"Drugs and that stuff." Jackson shrugged. "That isn't any of your business now. So is that a yes?"

If I do all this, I earn a million and make Mia pay. Andrea needs college money, and this is exactly what I need to give her a good future.

"Deal."