Secrets Revealed (Daniel's POV) Chapter 43.3

7 months later....

Eventually, Luke decided to leave and Mia and I were peaceful again.

I perfectly knew that this wouldn't last.

After graduation, Mia and I went camping near this place we could call a "mini-forest". We had loads of fun there.

I thought that it was gonna be the right time to tell her the truth.

It wasn't (of course), but I knew that now, she deserves to know. She's leaving and she still has no clue. Being in a relationship is practically signing a contract which clearly states that there should be no secrets.

But was she ready for this?

Actually, the real question is, am I ready for this?

"Hey," Mia whispered, bringing me away from my own world again.

"Yeah?" I replied, giving her a tiny smile.

"I have to tell you something.." she began.

"Tell me." I encouraged.

"I'm leaving..."

"I know that."

"And my flight..." Mia began again. "It's been moved a week earlier."

A week earlier.

Lesser time to spend with her.

Lesser time to confess.

"Oh."

Mia shifted her position, so now she was sitting down. "Really?"

"What?" I asked, sitting down as well.

"I dunno." Mia replied. "I just thought that you'd react all, well, freak out?"

I shrugged. "Nah, not really."

"You knew?" She asked, pretty shocked.

"No," I simply replied. "I just had a feeling about something like this."

"Oh." was her simple reply. See? Words for people who have nothing to say.

"Are you alright?" Mia asked me. "You've been spacing out a lot lately."

I nodded. "I'm fine."

"Sure?" Mia asked. "You don't seem like the Daniel I know."

That's coz I'm not even Daniel..

"Well, I'm fine and if you still won't believe me, I don't care." I accidentally spat out. Mia winced and gulped, which made me feel really bad about myself.

"Look, I'm sorry-" I began.

"I gotta get going." Mia said, cutting me off and leaving me in my room, alone.

I totally hate myself now.

================::::::::::===============

That night, I snuck in her bedroom.

Well, not really in. I respect her too much in a way that I would leave the place if she wanted me to. I was on her balcony, and saw her sound asleep.

I knew that she'd eventually wake up, and I debated whether to knock or not. If I knock, she'd probably get pissed at me but if I don't, I'd have to sleep thinking of how much I've hurt her.

Wasn't there a third option?

I stayed in the area, maybe for about half an hour.

"Holy crap!" Mia half-shouted, looking at me with wide eyes. I guess my presence pretty much woke her up...