Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Neal's POV

By the time we all got back inside, Audrie didn't hesitate to break our little embrace and drag Emilie upstairs with her. Wait a minute...that's not like her. But she hasn't had a close girl friend in what seems like forever. Should I let this go? I stood in the middle of the living room thinking about what they possibly had to talk about without me being there. Is this a girl thing? Do I even want to know?

"Why are you making that face?" Tyler asked as he came and plopped on the couch with his foot long turkey sub.

Déjà vu.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You looked constipated." 

I went to go sit beside him and thought about the time he took my sub. Payback time. I reached over and snatched the sub off of his plate before he even had a chance to blink. He was so busy watching god knows what that he didn't even notice. He reached his hand down, and felt for his other half and gave me a death glare once he realized it was gone.

"No you didn't." He growled.

"Oh yes I did." 

"Spit it out!" 

"Eww, no! But this sub is kind of good, where'd you get it?"

It took him a minute or so to realize I was saying the same thing he said when he took my sandwich. He rolled his eyes just as Audrie would in annoyance. Ahhh, payback feels so good! I smirked as I finished the sub off and licked my fingers when I was finished.

"Stop rubbing it in my face." He mumbled.

"I had to finish it off Ty." I laughed as I sat back and let my full stomach poke out a little. 

"You wanna hit the gym?" 

"The gym? Sure?" I answered guessingly since Tyler was a girl when it came to working out.

He got up and ran upstairs; two seconds later he was back down and shot a pair of basketball shorts in my face. I wasn't paying attention because I was too busy watching Audrie come down the stairs with what looked like a sports bra, some loose but short cheerleading shorts, and some workout shoes along with a ponytail to match her look. Her gold eyes made their way towards my face and I couldn't hold back the smile that I was fighting to keep off my face.

"So I overheard...can I join you guys?" She asked as a strand of hair fell onto her face.

"Uh." I tried thinking of something to say but I just couldn't find the words.

"Sure you can-" I cut him off by staring at him.

'What are you doing?'

'Inviting my sister to come with us to the gym?' He answered clearly not getting my message.

'No. She's not coming, especially not wearing that!' 

'Calm down, Em and Anna are coming with her too. I doubt any guy would get in the way of their girl talk.' 

'You better be right because I will rip the eyes off any male who tries to make a move.' 

'Yeah, yeah, yeah I hear you.' He said annoyed.

"Okay. Um, can we go now?" She asked clearly concerned.

"Yeah, let's go." I said as I walked towards her, grabbed her hand, and we made our way out the door.

~~~

Audrie's POV

Neal made his way over to me and grabbed my hand in a forceful manner as we made our way outside. I pulled my hand back once were alone.

"What was that?" 

"Nothing." He remarked rolling his eyes.

"What is your problem Neal?" I asked folding my arms across my chest.

He exhaled and combed his fingers through his hair.

"You are my problem." 

"Me? Well, I guess if that's how you feel, we can just stop trying to work this out then." 

"Fine." He shrugged.

I bit my tongue to stop myself from throwing a bunch of profanities at him. I understand he might have been upset but I wore this outfit for him and of course working out but he was my first priority of impressing. I pushed past him and walked towards my car that I haven't been in for so long.

"Anna ! Emilie! Let's go!" I yelled as I opened my driver's side door and got inside the car.

All I want is a normal relationship with my mate. But no, he had to let his alpha-ness get in the way of his true feelings. I know he didn't mean it that way, but me being the stubborn girl that I am; yes I finally admitted it, I just couldn't stand there and try and work it out with him because that's just not me. Em came rushing out with her short shorts and sports bra also along with Anna who was wearing the same thing, this was their idea! See, I'm always the one to get in trouble.

Anna got in the front while Em took the back seat since she really didn't care about who sat where. When they closed their doors in unison they both asked the same question.

"Well? What did he say?" They asked simultaneously.

I put the car in reverse and began backing up as they both sent me the same awaiting look. Once we backed up far enough I put the car in drive and started driving toward the gym were suppose to go to together.

"He said he had a problem with me, which in Neal's sense of communication; he was saying he had a problem with what I was wearing and didn't appreciate the way I was putting myself "out there" without thinking of the consequences." I said as I stopped at the upcoming stop sign.

"Wow, you two really need some counseling." Anna smirked.

"Or they just need to mate." Em said.

"You guys." I started.

"Yeah I think mating might just end this little feud they have going on." Anna agreed.

"We are not going to mate!" I snapped as I pulled into the gym's parking lot.

I know you're wondering how I got here so fast, let's just say I tend to speed when I'm upset.

"Why not?" They both asked.

"I'm I'm- you know scared." I admitted as I put the car in park and looked at the both of them.

"I get what you mean. But you never know till you try." Anna mumbled.

"What about you and Tyler?" I asked.

"We are having difficulties in that category." She admitted.

"Difficulties?" Em asked.

"Why look at the time we should really be going." Anna changed the subject.

"Mhm. Don't be a hypocrite! " Em and I shouted.

"Pssh, whatever." She rolled her eyes and jumped out the car before we could even finish the conversation.

These two really do make me feel more like a girl. I never really had a close girl friend(s) in my life because I thought all they talked about was their make-up, clothes, he said she said, and all that fun stuff. (Note the sarcasm) I think we're going to have a great relationship as you can see, hopefully I trust them more. I took a deep breath, took my keys out the ignition and walked towards the double doors of the gym only to get stared at by about two dozen sweaty guys.

"Oh boy." We all said.