Chapter 61

Chapter 61

I managed to tackle Tyler head on at the front door before he was able to run any further. He tripped on the carpet in front of the door and I unintentionally hit him so hard; a wad full of his hair got inside of my mouth!

“So much for a full course meal!” I said as I spat it out and wiped off my tongue with his shirt.

“Well, thank you for nearly giving me a bald spot! Good thing we’re werewolves, sheesh! I have enough hair to go around, wanna chew on that too?”

I rolled my eyes at his comment and got off of him; he stiffened a bit then got up onto his feet and stripped off his shirt. He glanced at the wet spot from my tongue and made a grossed out face.

“Why is your saliva on my shirt?”

I smiled innocently and attempted to give him a hug, which didn't work. Who doesn't want a hug from me? Like, I don’t offer them a lot so wouldn't you take them as they come? My head started to ache, which only meant Tyler’s hard body caused a golf ball sized knot to rise up on the right side of my head near my ear. Who knew his body was made of stone?

“Thanks for the knot Hercules.”

He smirked as I rubbed the side of my face and started strutting body builder poses. I pushed past him and opened the front door only to see Neal waiting patiently in the car.

“Don’t worry. We can have our talk later, go have fun kiddo. I will be watching from a distance.”

“Why’d you let him lend your car anyway?”

He then dug in his shorts pocket and showed me his cell phone which read: Free six flags pass. Expires July 28. So basically, all it takes to borrow Tyler’s car is a six flags pass or food? He’s seriously my twin. I chuckled at his perkiness as I finished reading.

“See, only special circumstances can make me give up my precious Petunia.”

Yes, Tyler named his car Petunia. Like ew; was that ugly pink car in Starstruck not enough? After we've seen that Disney movie a dozen times, mom and dad decided to surprise us with new cars for passing our driver’s tests last summer. Since that day, Petunia was Tyler’s poor car’s name, I seriously feel so bad for her. It’s like; a car ride with Tyler is horrible! He farts and freaking locks the windows and doors attempting to suffocate the life out of you! If that is torture for me, imagine what she goes through!

“Yeah, well thanks bro. See you later.”

And with that I closed the door behind me and raced down the steps and driveway to the passenger’s door of Petunia. I pulled the door and it opened right away exposing the chilled air from the air conditioner and Neal’s piercing hazel eyes watching my every move until I was fully in the car. I closed the door and put on my seat belt, once that was done; I looked up and met eyes with him.

“So, where are we going?” I asked narrowing my eyes.

He smiled and stretched his arms out.

“Into town, why can’t you ever just be surprised for once?”

“I hate surprises; I just like to know where I’m going at all times.”

“Since when, Audrie?”

“Since you took me to the dreamy and memorable island not too long ago, but that was a surprise I was willing to wait for.”

He blushed then as he started up the car and put it into drive as he pulled off.

“That island was beautiful, wasn't it?”

No we never went to an island, it’s totally code word. That I just made up… and that you guys should catch up on. The actual word is quite awkward in terms of conversation, so that’s why Neal and I mention “the island”. After about 10 minutes of full on reminiscing and singing we pulled up to a Starbucks coffee shop. He knows I love Starbucks, but the real question is why the heck are we here? We never come here unless it’s a serious occasion.