Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I stood by the door waiting for Tori to get into the house safely, as soon as she did I closed the door and walked back up to my room. The hole that I saw was eating me up inside, being overprotective really got me in trouble this time. I couldn't take it any longer the guilt was turning me inside out, I picked up my phone and dialed Neal's number realizing I didn't have to call I hung up the phone quickly. It would be so much easier to talk to him through mind link instead of this.

'Hey, Neal?' I asked.

'Err hi.' He said.

'Look can you come over so that I could get this apology out of the way.' 

'Don't think so. You are not killing me!' 

'I'm not going to kill you stupid! I'm just doing this for my sister.' I explained.

'Aww who's afraid of Audrie?' 

'Dude, if I were you I wouldn't do that!' 

'Right... okay I'll be over there in like five minutes.' He said.

'Five minutes? You're a wolf and it takes you five minutes to walk over here?' 

'Nope. It takes me five minutes to eat, three minutes to get dressed, and two minutes to walk over there.' He explained.

'Okay you're officially weird.' 

'I'll take that as a compliment and alright I'll be over there soon.' 

I didn't say anything just stopped talking to him. I kind of feel bad for him having to deal with Audrie the rest of his life like I do. We're sort of in the same situation, all three of us born on the same day Audrie and I twins and Neal and Audrie best friends and ugh mates. It's just nasty! How could this happen? It's not like things are going to change except for them hugging, kissing, and having...UGH! I punched my wall, which was already messed up so an extra hole wouldn't make a difference.

The door opened and I knew it was my family because all of their scents filled my nose. I ran downstairs to hug Denis, his arms were filled with groceries and paint cans which all fell when I tackled him into a hug.

~~~

Neal's POV

I took each bite of my cereal very slowly not wanting to waste the perfect breakfast I had so far. Amanda sat there watching me eat like a crazed maniac, this girl really has no life without Denis! I slurped the rest of the milk I had left in the bowl until it was completely empty.

"You're such a slob." She mumbled.

"Well no one asked you to sit here and watch me eat!" 

"I'm just waiting for you to take me with you." 

"Take you where?" I asked.

"To Denis's house."

"Um, what happened to your own two feet or shall I say four?" I asked.

"Shut up okay, I just don't want to walk over there by myself!" 

"You're weird. Ask your mate to come get you." I snapped.

"What's your problem? I know Audrie isn't here but when she does get here, she needs to put you in check." She snapped back.

I got up from the table and put my bowl on the counter wanting to just slap her across the face for bringing Audrie in this conversation. I didn't want to hit her because I don't feel like hearing Denis's lecture about his mate and what I should or should not do when it comes to her. But who gives a freak! She presses my buttons all the time and I've heard him lecture me all the time about her but one last time wouldn't hurt. She got up from the table and looked inside of the fridge taking out some strawberries and bananas for a smoothie.

"You want some?" She asked kicking the fridge shut with her foot.

"No." 

"Okay more for me." She shrugged.

I thought about it for a second, instead of hitting her I'd rather pull a prank just for a laugh. I walked up the stairs and looked in her room for something valuable. There was a picture of her and Denis at the beach, a ring outside of her jewelry box and her diary. I don't know why she still keeps a diary and she's seventeen but who cares I'm going to take it. I walked inside of her room and lifted up her bed seeing the diary she 'hid' underneath her mattress.

She is so stupid, they show all of these stupid tricks on TV and these girls still do it! I walked into my room and threw on some shorts and a white shirt I found just laying around. They smelled clean so who cares. I put the diary in my dirty clothes hamper knowing she wouldn't dare go inside of there.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face throwing on some cologne and did something to my hair. My body felt weak every morning and thinking about Audrie just made it worse, two months is too long to wait. I might just have to go to Michigan if she can't come here. I walked down stairs with my socks and shoes in my hand. Amanda was sitting in the living room slowly drinking down her smoothie she just made. When she heard me approach she got up quickly and ran up the stairs to grab her flip flops.

"You know I was serious about walking by yourself right!" I yelled up the stairs.

" Stop being such a loner!" She said walking back down the stairs.

I growled warning her that she was on thin ice right about now. I opened the front door and walked down the stairs of our porch. She was right behind me and we walked to Denis's house within the next three minutes. She ruined my flow from being here ten minutes ago to arriving in the next twenty-five minutes! She slows me down all the time and it gets annoying! I opened their door not bothering to knock because the door is never locked so there's no need.

Amanda pushed past me and Denis was right there to catch her in his arms. They stood there making out in the middle of the living room making this very awkward for me. I shut the door and walked around them and up the stairs to Tyler's room. They covered the hallway with plastic and I closed Audrie's door. The air was filled with paint and I saw how they fixed the wall and painted it over again.

I stood in Tyler's doorway with wide eyes. How could they have done this so fast and made it look like it never happened?

"I did this before." He mumbled seeing my face.

"When?" 

"When my dad left." He growled.

"Oh okay, well if you need some time to cool off." I trailed off.

"No, its fine take a seat."

I sat on the floor three feet away from where he was sitting on his bed. His shirt and rolled up jeans were covered in dry paint and I wondered if it was hard to move since there was a lot of paint on him.

"I'm sorry for tackling you." He apologized.

"Well it isn't the first time." I mumbled.

"Other than football it is." He corrected.

" Okay." 

"I'm also sorry I almost tore you to shreds." He continued.

I swallowed hard knowing he heard, "Its fine man." 

"I just have to get use to the fact of my sister being with you all the time and doing other things that I am not going to mention."

"Well, I'm not going to hurt her if that's what you are thinking. We both are lucky that it is me and not some other guy that you don't know." I explained.

"Yeah you're right about that." 

"I promise I won't do anything to harm her, I'll be more overprotective and more loving than I was before." I continued.

"And I accept that." He said getting up to give me a hand and manly bear hug.