Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I woke up feeling better than I did when I got to this place. Anna was sitting on her little couch in the middle of her room reading the book she had placed on her lap. Her bed is really comfortable but the colors of her room are making my head spin. I sat up stretching my arm a little because it a little numb from the position I had it in.

"Well someone's awake." Anna said.

She looked up from her book trying to hide a smirk that was spreading across her face.

"You're so creepy." I mumbled throwing the pillow at her.

She ducked making a face that soon had me laughing until my stomach hurt. I hopped off her bed blacking out a little because I moved too fast. There was a knock at her door and she looked at me telling me I should get it. I walked over to her door and opened it slowly, the figure inside the door looked at me with curious eyes.

"Wow you look-" I cut him off.

"Great, I know thanks for the compliment." I finished his sentence before walking out the door and up to me room.

"What's her problem?" Jessie asked before running behind me.

"If you run from your problems there's no effort of fixing them." He said before catching me by the arm.

"I don't have any problems; I just need some time alone."

I shrugged him off of me.

I shut the door and locked it as I sat against my closet door. Why do I feel so empty? I didn't feel so alone when I was home, am I just home sick? I need to talk to someone like right now because something isn't right and I could feel it. I crawled up to my bed and picked up the phone I hadn't touched since I last talked to Tyler. I dialed one of the numbers I knew by heart and listened to the dial tone.

"Hello?" Neal answered.

"Hey..." I whispered.

"Is there something wrong? Do you need me? Are you hurt?" He questioned.

"I don't know." 

"How don't you know?" 

"I don't know why I'm feeling so alone and empty, I need company." I said.

"You had me worried! Don't ever scare me like that again!" He said in a serious tone.

"Well okay mister you don't have to yell." 

"Sorry, you just made my heart stop for a second." 

I laughed filling my heart pump with joy again. I guess talking to Neal was all I needed because I felt so much happier when I was with him. Of course I love him as a friend but every time we talk it's like we're something more. Someone knocked on my room door and I walked over to grab the knob.

"We have a pack meeting tonight so dress warm." Jessie said.

"Okay got it." I said shutting the door.

"Who was that?" Neal asked.

"Just some guy..." I shrugged like he could physically see me.

"What's his name?"

"Why? You don't know him so it doesn't matter!"

"Stop being so stubborn and just tell me the guy's name." He growled.

"Did you just growl at me? Oh no, you need some breathing time call me back when you get your act together."

I hung up the phone.

I sat there thinking about what just happened, what's his problem? Since when was he so determined to know which guys I talked to? He's so overprotective I hope he doesn't call back, and I am not stubborn! I ran inside my closet to get my jacket and walked out into the cool fresh air to enjoy my first pack meeting.

~~~~

Neal's POV

Did she just hang up on me? Now I'm officially not calling her back, that was rude! The trip to the mall wasn't that fun because Tyler was giving Faith and I dirty looks. He was so confusing, one minute we're cool and the next you don't bother hanging out with me? Sometimes the things Audrie does just makes me so angry. Some of the things she does just bugs me, for one I'm just trying to be protective of her, if I didn't want her to go anywhere I wouldn't have told her mother.

I walked up the stairs that led to everyone's room, I stopped and glanced inside of Audrie's room still missing her scent just fill up my nostrils. That girl just drives me crazy but I love her not matter how much pain she puts me through.

I knocked on Tyler's closed room door, there was no answer. I tried again and I knew he was in there but he was too immature to open the freaking door. I lifted my hand to knock again but the door flew open.

"What do you want?" Tyler snapped.

"To talk." 

"About?" 

"If you let me in I could tell you." 

He moved aside and I walked in hiding the smile that creeped upon my face. He slammed the door behind him and sat on his bed. I stood up in front of him knowing he was going to hate me after I told him.

"What are you hiding?" He spat out.

"Nothing." I lied picking up a snow globe from off of his dresser.

"Don't lie, then why are you here?" He questioned raising his voice just a little.

"Just wanted to ask you why you were acting so upset." 

" I was upset, but I guess I could accept the fact that you and Faith are mates." He shrugged.

I almost choked on my own spit. Me and Faith? Mates? Over my dead body! I'd rather die of being lonely the rest of my life than living it with Faith!

"What!" I yelled.

"You don't have to pretend anymore I know you two are- He trailed off.

"We are not mates!"

"Then why was she looking at you like that?"

"Because I told her something." My voice flattened out.

"Told her what exactly? Why did she look at you like that?" 

My forehead started to sweat it's hard enough keeping a secret big like this between Faith and I but I guess I'm not going to be walking out of her alive if I don't tell Tyler too. But I could always try right?

" She was just shocked ,no other emotions could change her facial expression." 

Tyler put his arms behind his head looking at me with a deadly look. I gulped so hard I think someone who was downstairs heard it. My throat was dry and me sweating wasn't helping. Even if I do tell him would it change anything? Will he kill me? Or will I just be shocked at how he handled the truth? There's only one way to find out but man I was too scared to say anything.

"I thought we were friends man!" 

"We are but if I tell you this it might change our friendship." I cautioned.

He lifted an eyebrow, "How so, is it bad?"

"Not to me but I can't say the same for you." I rubbed my arm looking down at the floor.

"Spit it out man!" He yelled.

" Audrie and I are...mates." I swallowed down the words.

He looked at me with wide eyes and didn't even blink since I mentioned the last word. Is he in shock? I haven't paid attention in health so I don't know how to treat that.

"I'm going to kill you!" He screamed darting towards me and pushing me through his wall.

My back cracked and there was a giant gaping hole leading to the hallway. I am officially about to die this guy is crazy and I cant risk hurting him in anyway because Audrie would never forgive me. He started shaking in anger and his clothes started ripped against his body. I think this is the part where I run for my life.