Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Neal's POV

We were about an hour and a half away from entering the state of Michigan. It was raining but the car was full of chatter and chaos. What more can I ask for? I'd rather be surrounded by noise instead of silence, maybe because the word silence doesn't exist in the Benton household. A song ran through my head and I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"You had my heart and we'll never be worlds apart..." I started.

"Maybe in magazines but you'll still be my star." Faith harmonized.

I stopped for a second and looked at faith through the mirror; she rolled her eyes and smiled. I honestly didn't know she could sing, why dance when you could win the competition singing?

"When were you going to tell me you could sing?" I asked turning the windshield wiper higher.

"Never."

I chuckled," Can we sing a different song then?"

"I got one!" Tyler blurted out.

I switched lanes and laughed as he tapped his finger to his chin.

"Let's sing Price Tag!"

"By Jessie J? Okay." I murmured.

"Seems like everybody's got a price, I wonder how to sleep at night when the sale comes first and the truth comes second, just stop, for a minute and smile." Amanda sang.

"Why is everybody so serious? Acting so dang mysterious, you got shades on your eyes and your heels so high that you can't even have a good time." Faith sang.

"Everybody look to their left!" I screamed.

"Everybody look to their right!" Amanda yelled.

"Can you feel that, yeah, we're paying with love tonight!" Denis shouted while tickling Amanda.

I got off the exit and started singing the chorus.

"It's not about the money, money, money, we don't need your money, money ,money. We just want to make the world dance, forget about the price tag." I sang.

"Ain't about the cha-ching cha-ching.Ain't about the ba-bling ba- bling, wanna make the world dance, forget about the price tag!" Tyler sang while snapping.

I stopped the car at the rest stop and we all glared at Tyler, he was still snapping and singing the song not noticing the car has stopped and we were now looking at him. He opened his eyes and stopped singing instead he blushed and pinched his nose.

"What?" He asked.

"That was so uncalled for." Denis mumbled.

"Don't hate, just because you can't sing and snap at the same time."

The rain stopped and it was so dark, it was 1: 45 in the morning and I was beat. I unbuckled my seat belt, put gas in the car, and went to the bathroom. When I came back Denis was in the driver's seat and Amanda was in the passenger seat. I hopped in the back and squeezed in with Tyler and Faith, my stomach grumbled and we headed to McDonald's. Why McDonald's? I really don't know, but I'm hungry and I could care less at this point. We didn't go inside because Faith and Amanda didn't want to get their hair wet so we went through the drive thru. I ordered a Big Mac and a side of medium fries that really hit the spot, I was so stuffed I fell asleep.

When I woke up we were parked in front of this mansion like house and everyone started to get out. It was now 7:20 in the morning and that really had me thinking. Denis must of drove pretty slow if we are just now getting here later than expected. There were kids playing outside and adults walking towards the truck to greet each and every one of us. I met this lady named Ms. Martha and she was telling me how she and my dad use to ditch school and go to the movies. I honestly didn't care about what she talking about I just had to see Audrie's face.