Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Audrie's POV 

I paused as I leaned in to eat another fork full of my mother's delicious spaghetti. Did Amanda just put all her business out there like that ? Neal shot me a questioning glare as I dropped my fork which make contact with my glass plate and make a big "clanking" sound. I wiped the excess sauce off of my face with the back of my palm and watched both Amanda and Em stare eachother down.

"Did.. you just say mate ? Second mate ?" I questioned.

Em's cheeks blushed a bright red as she began tapping her foot uncontrollably underneath the table.

"I-I uhh." Em started.

A smirk rose upon Amanda's face with amusement as if this situation were hilarious . 

"Well I guess my job is done here." She said as she arose from the table.

A warning growl rose in my chest and this time I wasn't going to let her get away with anything. She froze in place and tried her hardest to control her breathing.

"Sit." I growled.

She sat.

Em looked up at me suprised at my authority, I have had it with Amanda's hormones and uncontrollable evilness !  Neal managed to somehow pick me up and sit be on his lap without me noticing until now.

"Babe, take a deep breath."

I took a deep breath and stared at the both of them. 

"Em, what is going on ?" I questioned.

"I think I have a second mate..."

"Who?"

She swallowed hard, " I think... it's Spencer.."

I choked back a laugh, Spencer ? My Spencer ? The guy that I've gotten myself in so much trouble just to be friends with ?This shall be very interesting.

"Don't tell me that's the douche' who you got in so much trouble with last year ! He's the reason why you practically had a chair in I.S.S. with your name on it." Neal said.

"Can I go ?" Amanda asked uncomfortablly .

I nodded and she excused herself from the table and waddled her way into the living room without a word.

"Shutup, he's my roll dawg ." I laughed.

Neal growled underneath me and I knew to stop being so defensive .

"Let's just talk about this tomorrow." Neal said.

Me and Em nodded in agreement and I pecked Neal just for the heck of it. He pouted as I moved away and tugged me back toward him . Em made a grossed out face as he held my face between him giant hands and trailed small kisses from my forehead down my neck and back to my lips. I held my breath trying so hard not to give in to this form of seduction .

"I love you." He breathed.

"I love you more."

I heard Em fake puke and I laughed at her over- exaggeration. I got off of Neal's lap and took Em by the hand and walked her out the back door to the deck . 

"Do you want to go to Spence's house ?" I asked.

"No..."

"Come on Em !  Who doesn't want to see their mate ?"

"I do want to see him, its just that since he's not a were-"

"You think he's not a werewolf ?"

"I mean yeah.. I didn't sense him being one. "

I laughed, "He hasn't shifted yet ."

"Why?"

"He's apart of the Johnson Pack . Werewolves in that pack don't shift until they find their mate, I'm pretty sure he noticed it was you.. but he was probably unsure of the smell . They develop werewolf abilities first and once they spend more time with their mate they become fond of them and yeah the mating process-"

"Okay ! Too much information ! I'll go see him ."

"You will ? Yay ! Okay, go get cute and meet me out front !"

She smiled, "Okay, please don't get too excited and embarass me."

"Embarass you ? I would never.."

~~~

Spencer's POV

I slammed the house door with more force than I intended to . My mom was in the kitchen cooking up what smelled like pot roast and my dad was of course off to one of his business related meetings . Mom looked up from the pot she was stirring and smiled at me, why is she always happy ? Mia came running full speed towards me nearly tackling me to the floor.

"Spency look at my queation ." She said as she showed me a finished toilet paper roll with glitter and buttons on it.

"Wow, Mia that looks amazing."

She smiled that toothless smile she always had since the day her front two teeth fell out . I rubbed her head forcefully and kissed her on the forhead. Mia is my three year old sister, she's my pride and joy as well as my reason for being annoyed at times. There's me, Mia. and Sarah . Sarah is my eleven year old sister who I lovingly look after and have a close relationship with, she comes to me and talks to me about almost all of her problems. But I love her and I try my best not to "accidently" fall asleep when she tells me about what happened today at school .

Ever since that trip to the grocery store today I couldn't help but think about that beautiful blonde girl I ran into today . I knew I remembered her from somewhere, maybe the gym ? I think so ? Ever since that day I couldn't get her out of my mind ! It's like her face is just implanted into my brain and every time I think about her my heart flutters... I'm starting to sound like a sap huh ?

"Spence did you get the veggies I asked you to get ?" My mom asked.

"Yes.. it's in the car. I'll get them ."

I jogged back to the door and ran out to the car . I opened the back door and reached in to get the grocery bags . As I got the last of the bags and slammed the door shut with my behind I caught a glimpse of  what seemed to be .. Audrie's car ? And she had someone in the passanger side.

"Oh boy ."