Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I parked behind the second to last car that was lined up in front of Xavier's house. The lights were on and the music was bumping, this is going to be so much fun! I put the emergency brake on because sadly we were on a hill; Tyler just sat in the passenger seat silent like he was over analyzing something.

"Tyler, this is a party! You should be hype!"

"Can you just take me back home?" He mumbled.

"No, you've been a stick in the mud since Audrie left; why not party one last time before we see her again?"

"Okay, but if you get too wild I'm telling on you." 

"Whatever, like I'm afraid of Audrie."

He glared at me like Audrie does when I say something arrogant. I quickly glanced away because that look always made me crack.

"We'll see." He stated as he opened the car door.

"Seriously dude, quit playing I was joking! Don't tell her!" I yelled after him as he approached the house door.

I saw his shoulders shrug, which indicates that he was laughing silently. I pressed the lock button on my car remote and jogged up to him. He knocked on the door and I pushed him out of the way and opened the door.

"Like I was supposed to know that!" He hollered.

The house was always trashed up every party so after Tyler came through the door I kicked a bunch of red cups out of the way. There were girls and guys dancing in a crowd in front of us, I pushed through them and made my way to the kitchen and leave it to Tyler to get carried away in the crowd. Some girls were dancing on him but he wasn't interested, he kept moving towards me and I dusted off his jacket.

"You okay?"

"Shut up." He snapped.

We made our way to the kitchen where all the food and drinks were. The kitchen wasn't empty or full so it was in between the two. I walked up to the bowl of party mix and stuffed my hand inside of the bowl and took out a handful of pretzels and other combinations. Tyler walked over to the punch bowl and I smacked his hand as he touched the spoon.

"Ow! Do you have to hit?" He complained.

"Yeah, if you don't want to have a hangover than I'd advise you not to drink that." I warned.

The living room was full of sexually active psychos' who were drooling all over each other's mouths. Tyler put the spoon down and sat in one of the chairs, the TV was on but no one was watching it. The music was blasting some song I didn't even recognize, the back door was open and some girls were dressed in bikinis and taking a dip in the pool. One face I recognized and I dragged Tyler out of the chair and out the back door. Tiana was wearing a multicolored bikini along with her chestnut hair blowing in the cool air. With Tyler dragging behind me we walked out into the cool night and sat at the table with the umbrella. He turned his attention towards some other girl that wasn't Tiana, okay so he no longer had a crush on the girl. But this girl was sitting on the edge of the pool covered in a towel but she had her feet in. I elbowed Tyler capturing his attention and his cheeked heated up.

"Go talk to her." I whispered.

"What no!"

"Shhhh!" 

"Oops." 

"Go, now's your chance." 

" I can't believe you're urging me to go talk to her when you haven't even told Audrie you two are mates." He snapped.

"So that's your mate?" I questioned.

"Maybe, no, I don't know." He stuttered.

"Just go and try at least." 

He sighed and got up from his seat and made his way over to her. I wanted to give myself a pat on the back for helping him out. I heard wet footsteps approaching me and I saw Tiana's face as I looked up. Oh boy. Her chestnut hair was dripping wet and so was her bathing suit, I just watched until she stopped walking and stood in front of me.

As soon as I thought everything was okay it just took a turn. Tiana sat on my lap soaking up my jeans, she wrapped her arms around my neck and started talking.

"I like you Neal." She murmured.

"Oh. Sorry I have a girlfriend."

"Oh well she won't mind if I borrow your lips for a second." 

Her breath smelled like alcohol and that really made me sick to my stomach. She crushed her lips against mine and started forcing her tongue inside of my mouth. I tried pushing her gently from off of me but that wasn't working out. I don't want to crush her ribs or anything so I stood up and she wrapped her feet around my waist. Dang it! Now she's attached to me like a freaking starfish!

"Can you let go?"

"Make me." She whispered in my ear.

Okay, I guess I'm just going to have to get down and dirty. I walked towards the edge of the pool and pushed her off of me making her body fly half way across the pool and land with a big splash. Then I walked back into the house and sat in the kitchen chair watching the muted TV.

~~~

Tyler's POV

My heart beat so hard I thought it was going to pump out of my chest. I approached Tori and sat next to her as she splashed her feet in the water. She glared at me and a smile flashed across her face.

"Hey, why are you over here by yourself?"

"I was getting tired of Tiana's drunken ways." She joked.

I laughed," Wow, so do you like it here so far?" 

"It's okay I guess haven't really met anybody besides you and some of Tiana's so called friends."

"You'll find some friends soon."

She sat there and nodded, her light brown eyes wondered into mine. I stared back at her and she didn't look away. She has got to be my mate, I'm not going to burst out and say 'we're mates ' more like let the relationship build up and wait for her to realize.

I grabbed her hand and we both stood up. We walked back into the house and Neal shot me a thumbs up. I sat her down at the table and swallowed hard hoping she didn't sense my nervousness.

"Tori, do you want to go out with me tomorrow?" I asked.

She smiled that beautiful smile that made my heart flutter.

"Of course Tyler, I would love to."