Chapter 51

• Dedicated to To all of my consistent fans and readers out there! It's been an awesome year! A

Chapter 51

“No he didn’t! No! Girl, you tell him that- what!” Amanda yelled through the phone receiver as we strolled down the aisle of the grocery store.

I of course was pushing the cart, and she so happened to be waddling down the aisle like a swollen watermelon. Anna and Em decided to wander off somewhere and leave me here dealing with this pregnant wolf.

“And she said what! Oh no! You tell her that I said-what! No!” She yelled.

“Yes! Yes, she said it, no she won’t tell them what you said and yeah you need to shut up and get what we came here for so that we can get the heck out of here!” I screamed.

She rolled her eyes.

“I gotta go. Someone’s getting impatient.”

I rolled my eyes at her and rolled the cart further down the aisle and tossed in some extra cans of soup, bread and of course vanilla wafers. My favorite! I hate coming to the store with this fool, we stay inhere  for about two hours deciding whether she should get the Dove or Suave. Like, does it matter? I could be starving right now and all your worried about is some soap! Well, I guess that’s life. I felt a vibration come from my pocket and I took out the source of it. I forgot to mention, Neal decided to get me a cell phone… oh yay.

“Hello?”

“Hey sis. How’s Anna?” Tyler answered.

“Ty. She has a phone, why don’t you call her?”

“Because, I wanted to call you?”

“Goodbye Nicholas!”

“Do NOT call me by my middle name… Elizabeth.”

I growled lowly and hung up abruptly, why do I have to deal with him all the time? Amanda strolled by with her own cart that I didn’t notice she had then Anna and Em came charging toward me. I used the word charging because it looked as if they were going to trample me.

“Sooo.” Anna started as she caught her breath and sent Em an encouraging look.

“So?” I asked.

“Em… it’s your turn.”

“Emilie?”

“Uhm.” She murmured.

“Audrie! I’m going to check out I’ll meet you in the front!” Amanda yelled.

I shot her a thumbs up and went back to talking to these two who were making me sort of curious at the moment.

“Come on guys, I don’t have all day. I thought we were close!”

Anna shoved Em forward and I swear her cheeks got even redder than before. What could she possibly have to say?

~~~

Emilie’s POV

I hate this feeling. I hate the feeling of knowing that you want to tell someone something but your mouth won’t allow you to say anything. So what do I have to tell her? Well…

“Emilie!” Audrie yelled snapping me out of my train of thought.

“Huh? What?”

“Well? What do you have to tell  me?”

“I just saw your friend…Spencer.”

“And?”

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

“And he told me to tell you hey.”

A smirk made its way on her face and her cheeks turned a bright shade of red. I felt anger bubble in my veins, as if I were sensing some jealousy? Maybe? No, I can’t be jealous…can I? I don’t even know the boy…ugh! I just told on myself didn’t I? I clenched my fingers behind my back and inhaled deeply. Am I about to change? Audrie still had that smirk on her face and it was surprisingly driving me mad! Why? I have no idea…but I can’t risk hurting her. I covered my mouth with my palm and turned around quickly and began running full speed towards the exit. By the time I got outside, some of my anger was gone but I still had a whole lot in me too. I paced back in forth impatiently; waiting for my anger to cool down. I was so in thought I didn’t think to watch where I was going and accidently ran into someone’s hard chest. I look up only to make eye contact with a pair of green eyes, I held my breath in and tried backing away slowly but his grip was strong and he had butterflies rise in the pit of my stomach.

“S-S-Sorry I-I-“

He let out a chuckle and I swear his smile nearly made the world stop its orbit.

“It’s cool. You’re adorable, even when you are nervous.”

I tried to smile but it probably looked as if I were constipated. Why am I so nervous? He still had his hands on my lower back and I was trying so hard to keep my sanity! Why am I acting like this…it’s like having a mate all over again. Wait a minute… a mate, it can’t be.

“Oh…uhm. D-Did you say something?”

“Yeah… a statement actually, but its okay if you weren’t listening you looked as if you were thinking too hard about something. Are you okay?”

“Yeah. I’m fine I just have a headache, thanks for asking. I-I gotta go, bye.”

I speed walked towards the car and held my breath the whole way through until I reached the car. I exhaled and placed my hands on the hood of the car, then there was a loud “HONK” and I nearly cursed at the cause of it. Mother wolf was getting a little impatient and decided to honk the horn! Nice one…considering I’m right here! She couldn’t have lasted another minute? Geez! I walked over to the door to the back seat of the car and opened it cautiously.

“You look stressed what’s on your mine hot stuff?” Amanda asked as she smacked on a twizzler.

I closed the door behind me and buckled my seatbelt; I leaned my head back on the head rest and closed my eyes.

“It’s complicated.”

She turned around and shot me a confused look as she spun the twizzler around her index and middle fingers. I exhaled and rolled the window down to get some fresh air rolling inside of this claustrophobic car.

“If it’s complicated, why don’t you talk about it and maybe it might become uncomplicated.”

“I think I have a second mate.”