Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Neal's POV

I listened to Faith and loosened my grip on Audrie, I couldn't control my anger when it came to that guy touching my mate. I mean come on dude she's mine, so back off! He hadn't moved an inch since I nearly slit his throat and that made me happy, I'm happy he was afraid. Now back to this so called surprise Denis and Amanda had to tell us, I didn't even have a chance to sit down yet and already I have to hear the news. Tyler was in some type of trance with that girl though, it's weird seeing him not even blink but then again that's a good thing because I never really liked him anyways. Okay I'm joking but what's his problem?

'What's up with Tyler?' I asked Audrie.

'Beats me. He's acting sort of weird.' 

'Who's that girl?' 

'Why?'

'Audrie.'

'What Neal?'

'Stop being stubborn!'

'I'm not being stubborn!'

'Okay this isn't getting anywhere. Arguing isn't going to fix this.' I explained.

"Then you go ask her yourself." She said and snatched herself away from me and went to go hug Faith.

What is up with girls? At first we were in that moment together and now she's back to being the stubborn Audrie that I've known for too long. I should probably get used to this; after all I am stuck with her for the rest of my life. I sighed and walked up to Tyler, he was like a complete statue. I snapped my fingers in his face, pinched his nose, pinched his cheeks, and plucked his ears but nothing changed. So I lifted my hand and sent a forceful slap across his face, I swear the noise echoed throughout this humongous house.

Everyone turned their attention towards Tyler and I, he was holding his cheek with his right hand and his mouth was hanging open. The girl gasped and Faith had her hands on her hips and a pissed off expression on her face. I sent her a charming smile but she wasn't having it, so I awkwardly turned away and whispered to Tyler.

"What's your problem?"

"My problem? Let's see... you just slapped me!"

"So much for not making a scene!"

"You started it!" He growled and rubbed his cheek.

"You know what! I'm so sick and tired of you, what the heck don't y-" I felt a light tap on my shoulder that had a sort of tingle rush through my body.

I grabbed Audrie's hand and held it for a while, I so wasn't done with her brother.

"Oh so your whipped now? Who knew Neal would be whipped by my sister!" He laughed.

"That's not funny and I'm not."

"Oh yeah? So  after all of this, why don't you have any-" He got cut off by Amanda.

"I'm pregnant!" She shouted.

"Where was I? Oh yeah, what happened to the...pregnant? Amanda? Haha, Audrie we're getting punk'd!" Tyler joked.

"Haha! Tyler haha wow where's Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber?"

I didn't find it funny I was actually shocked at the news. I'm quite frankly more mature than Audrie and Tyler. Amanda and Denis weren't pleased about it but Faith was jumping up and down with excitement written all over her face.

"It's not funny." Denis growled.

They stopped laughing, looked at him, started laughing again. It soon got to the point where Audrie could no longer hold my hand because she had to hold her stomach. It wasn't funny at all but the father -to-be was getting a little upset. So I walked up to Denis and Amanda with a smile on my face.

"Congrads mother and father to be! I'm going to be a uncle!" I shouted.

They both smiled but Denis was still upset about Audrie laughing then I saw an evil smirk creep onto his face.

"So... when are you two going to mate? "

I nearly threw up in my mouth, didn't he really just ask me that? Audrie stopped laughing and walked up to Denis with her fists clenched. I wrapped both of my arms around her small frame and clutched her tightly against my body before she had the chance to punch Denis in the face. Tyler came shortly after with the same stupid grin on his face, that girl must have left or something but he heard Denis's question and glared at me.

"Woah! This is all wrong!" I screamed.

They were looking at me curious and I knew darn well they knew what I was talking about.

"How did Audrie find out?" I growled.

"You told her didn't you?" Denis smirked.

"Denis, did you tell her?" 

"No way Jose'." 

"Amanda?" I growled.

She shook her head then we all looked at Tyler and he was playing with his nails and looking at the floor.

"Tyler." I snarled.

"Hmm?"

"Did you?" I spat through gritted teeth.

"Sorry. It slipped out! I didn't mean too!" 

Audrie twisted her way out of my arms and went running upstairs. This is why I don't live with them, tell them secrets, or even eat at the same table as them! I know all this is a lie but I'm even more pissed!

"Audrie!" I yelled.

I went running after her, not before threatening the half rogue of course. I knew he was half rogue because of his scent, I smelled his scent one minute then it would smell different after a couple seconds. I ran up the stairs and stopped at the same one he was on.

"Don't move. Or it's your head." I growled.

Mrs. Benton was right about coping anger, but what the hay! I just can't control my over protection towards her. My first day in this house and I've already did enough damage, so much for making this a surprise visit. I followed her citrus scent until it led to a door which must be her room, I knocked but being the stubborn person that she is she didn't answer. So I opened the door and that stinging pain swept across my cheek. She slapped me so hard I lost my balance and fell against the door as soon as I was inside.

"I can't believe you." She said.

"Audrie I was going to tell you."

"Remember us being best friends Neal? Huh? Do you remember? We tell each other everything and you didn't have the guts to tell me we were mates. How selfish!"

"I'm sorry Audrie! I'll make it up to you I promise. But before you cut me off I was trying to say I wanted to make it special not just come out and say hey we're mates now kiss me babe! That's not romantic enough, I'm so sorry but if you want to start over we can. I can do this the right way or we can continue this rampage." I explained.

She laughed and looked up at me, her face softened and she was no longer mad. She walked up to me and helped me up, I wrapped my arms around her waist and she it took everything in her to hug me back.

"I want to continue on this rampage. Because knowing my family, this type of thing just might be traditional." 

I kissed her forehead and she closed her eyes as I did so. The gold in her eyes sparkled and I've never been more happy then this. I smiled back at her and she fixed the hair that was in my face. I guess this is how our journey will begin.