Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I ran for my life not getting very far because Denis heard the chaos and caught me running down the hallway. I fought my way out of his arms and ran behind him ducking for cover.

"What's gotten into you?" Denis asked.

"Your brother is psycho and he's trying to kill me." 

"You got on his bad side and pissed him off huh?" Denis laughed.

"If you say so." 

Tyler burst through what was left of his wall and ran towards Denis and I full speed. Denis wasn't intimidated so he just stood there not moving budging. This dude is going to kill me! I should have just lied and told him something stupid. I wish Audrie was here, I should have told her before she left or on the phone before our argument. I just need to hear her voice on last time before she finds out because she needs to know.

Tyler kept running at the same pace in his wolf form not giving any thought in when the right time was to stop. He screeched to a halt about a half a inch in front of where Denis was standing.

"Tyler stop acting a fool and shift back to human form." Denis demanded.

Tyler growled not backing down and stood in his attack position. He put his two front legs outstretched in front of him and his hind legs separated one in front and the other in back. I gripped on to Denis's shoulders tighter not wanting him to budge until his brother was sane. My back healed faster than I'd thought, it was probably the adrenaline rush of being slaughtered by my mates brother speeded up the healing process.

"Tyler I'm not kidding stop being such an idiot back down!" 

Tyler didn't budge his gray and black fur stood straight up in rage, meaning he was going to do some damage in a few seconds. Yelling wasn't helping so Denis went to other extremes.

"Dude I swear to goodness! I will burn every single freaking hat on your wall and feed you the ashes!" Denis hollered at the top of his lungs.

Tyler put his head up glaring at the both of us with daggers before stepping back slowly and turning around. I started breathing again, the first thing I thought about was that I was alive and I had no scratches on my face. I let go of Denis and walked down the stairs needing some fresh air to set my thoughts straight. Walking out the front door I thought about the time Audrie and I raced to the park when we were kids, she thought she was faster than I and I let her win every single time.

Seeing her smile and say "In your face" was what I loved to hear. We're best friends and mates for life. I sat on the curb of the sidewalk in front of their house admiring the stars that were glowing across the sky thinking back to what just happened and Audrie. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed her number back wanting to make up with her because it was killing me inside.

"Hello?" Audrie said.

"Hey." I greeted.

"What do you want Neal?"

"I want to apologize and make up." 

"I'm all ears." 

"I'm sorry for being rude and being overprotective." I apologized.

"And..." She added.

"And for being in your business." 

"And..." She said.

"And what else?" I asked.

She laughed, "I don't know, I was hopig you'd add something else you'd never admit. It's so boring here I feel so lonely without you guys." She complained.