Chapter 17

Chapter 17

We walked into a line that only had four people in it, and they were taking their sweet time just to order a hotdog! When we got to the front of the line Jessie squeezed my hand harder and I tried letting go but his grip was tight. Okay this is kind of weird; he slowly pulled me behind his back as if he were hiding me.

"Hey Jessie, long time no see." The dude said.

"Hey Greg, can I have two hotdogs?"

"Sure, it's on the house." Greg offered.

Jessie reached for the food and turned around slinging my body to the front of him.

"Thanks man." Jessie said over his shoulder.

The guy nodded and attended to the next customer. What the heck was that about? Is he embarrassed to be seen with me? There's no other explanation! I have a feeling this is going to turn out bad. We walked back to our spot and he let go of my hand as he sat down, I was still standing there and he patted the empty spot next to him for me to sit down. I sat but I wanted to know what that was about. He handed me the hotdog and I grabbed it but set it down on the other side of me.

"What was that about?" I whispered.

"What are you talking about?" 

"Don't play dumb." 

"Okay, they are old friends of mine and I just didn't want them to see you with me." 

"So you're embarrassed to be with me?"

"No, you won't understand." He said.

"I probably wouldn't, but you can at least try to explain." I suggested.

"Not right now."

"Fine."

He just sat there staring at me and didn't say a word. I just rolled my eyes and looked away, I needed to get away from him for a little while.

"Where's the bathroom?" I asked.

"I'll walk you there." He offered.

"No thanks, just tell me where it is."

"Keep going past the hotdog stand and it's straight ahead."

I got up and started walking, but of course Jessie had to call me.

"You didn't eat your food!" He yelled.

I walked back and took a bite out of my hotdog and sent him a annoyed look. He just smiled and I started walking to the bathroom once again thanks to Jessie! The walk wasn't long but I looked over to the hotdog stand and the Greg dude wasn't there. I reached the bathroom and it was nice too. There was a wall of mirrors and sinks on the right side and over twelve stalls on the left. Of course I went inside of the first stall to the left, when I was done some girl was standing in front of the door.

I just looked at her suspiciously because there were eleven other empty stalls and she decided to come inside of this one. She's creeping me out with the look she just sent me before I walked out of the stall. But some people have problems so I walked up to the sink and started washing my hands.

By the time I was done she was out of the stall and standing behind me. I couldn't take it anymore this chick was crazy!

"Do you need something?" I asked as I turned around.

"You're the girl that was hanging out with Jessie. Right?" She asked.

"Yeah sort of."

That set her off, she threw the first punch but I ducked before it hit my jaw. I grabbed both of her arms and kicked her into an open stall. She fell butt first into the toilet and I walked to the door to leave. But no, that wasn't the end of it! She grabbed me by my hair and pulled me to the floor. She tried stomping my face out but I grabbed her ankle and twisted it. She howled in pain which means she was a werewolf but not just any werewolf she was a rogue. She let go of my hair and I got up from off the floor and stood two inches away from her.

"Why are you fighting me?"

She ran full speed towards me and pushed me to the wall. She now had her hands around my neck and I couldn't talk nor breathe. I kicked her with all the power I had in her stomach and then she growled again lifting me up so that my feet were dangling. The girl was strong! I stopped playing with the chick and pushed her manly grip off of me and punched her in the face. She moved back a little probably because I punched her so hard I think I broke her nose. Blood started streaming out of her nose and she held it in place so that it could heal faster. I stood there against the wall debating whether I should beat this chick to a pulp or get answers.

'What's taking you so long?' Jessie asked through mind link.

I didn't answer.

'Audrie stop being stubborn and listen to me you're in danger.' He said.

'I kind of already knew that in some way.' 

'So you're okay?'

'A girl is trying to kill me! Do I sound okay to you? What the heck is going on Jessie?' I yelled.

'I'm so sorry! When you get out of there run for your life.' 

'When I get out of here I will never go on a date with again!' I yelled.

'I know I'm so sorry!' 

The girl fixed her nose and looked at me with daggers.

'It's too late to be apologizing.'

'If I could help you I would.

'You sound really stupid, where are you?'

'Running from old flames, going to save your dad, and going to get the pack ready for a brawl.' He explained.

'What happened to my dad?'

'They are trying to...kill him. But I won't let that happen!' He growled.

'When this is over, I swear if you come within one inch of me, I will kill you.' I threatened.

'You don't mean that.' 

'Try me.' 

My anger was like a volcano waiting to erupt. The familiar tingle rose up in my spine and the burning spread across my body. I fell to my knees and let the shift begin, it no longer hurt to shift, but this girl better run for her life because I will go through anything to help my father. I didn't fully shift yet because I had to ask the girl one question.

"Are you Jessie's mate?" I said through gritted teeth she nodded and the game was on.

I felt my body change from human to wolf form. This was going to be fun, not for her but for me. I leaped from the ground onto her body making her fall, I growled loud in her face and she changed from cocky to scared. I'm happy she was afraid now, but I'm not going to kill her I'm going to kill all of those rogues. I hopped off of her and ran towards the door, she didn't dare follow and I ran through the crowd of people fast and headed back towards home.

'Dad?' I called.

'Yes Audrie.' He stated.

Good he answered.

'Get the pack together there are some rogues coming to hurt you and I'm on my way.'

'Okay I'll do just that. Where's Jessie?' He asked.

'He's coming, turns out he was once a rogue too. And oh I forgot to mention, his mate tried to kill me.'