Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Neal's POV

The next morning I was expecting to see my mate's beautiful face make my day, but instead I woke up empty handed. I hopped out of bed and raced down the stairs only to run full force into that girl Tyler was staring at yesterday.

"Whoa, whoa! Ever heard of manners?" She snapped as she composed herself to get back up on her own two legs.

I offered her my hand but she slapped it away with an attitude. If that was the case I could have stomped right over her as if she were a carpet. I sighed in frustration and ran my fingers through my hair, I realized I had no shirt on because it was a little hot last night, and the girl just stared at me as if I was piece of meat.

"I'm sorry for running into you. Do you have any idea where Audrie is?"

She pulled down her shirt and brushed a curl away from her face before answering my demanding question.

"Yeah, she went to the grocery store with Amanda, Denis, Tyler, and Jessie."

"Who's Jessie?"

"My brother, the one you tried to shred into cheddar cheese."

I kind of felt embarrassed because of that but now I was even more furious then before. Was he trying this hard to get close to my mate? He thinks he has a chance at kissing her again while I'm here? The boy has another thing coming! I breathed angrily and shut my eyes enough to focus on what I was thinking.

"When did they leave?" I growled.

"Like fifteen minutes ago..."

"Okay." I stated and started storming towards the door.

I opened it with a lot of force but not enough to break the hinges off. I was more than upset more like pissed off enough to kill a certain wolf. I'm not going to run there in my wolf form because then I'd be naked in front of everyone, but it will be easier for me to smell her scent if I was in my wolf form. I stood there analyzing this through my head getting a little frustrated with my options. It was drizzling and I was sitting on the top stair outside of the house. The girl I ran over stalked towards me and sat a distance length away from me before talking again, did I mention how obnoxious her voice was?

"You okay?" She asked.

Did I want to talk to her? Will she help me keep my cool and not embarrass Audrie and kill her little friend? I guess there's only one way to find out, I can't believe I'm talking to a girl about my problems.

"Not really, more like pissed off." 

"Don't worry she's safe. I don't know what you boys worry about so much, when your mate isn't within two inches from you your minds go straight to her being in danger."

I will agree with everything she just said but I won't say it aloud. I worry because she's the other part of me and if we aren't within arms' reach I feel like panicking.

"Well if you knew what that was like, then you would understand how I feel." I snapped.

"No need to be a smarty pants, Tyler nearly folded this house in half because he didn't want to leave me here with you." She mentioned.

So he was upset at me for no particular reason? This obnoxious, talkative, but accompanying girl was his mate. That explains a lot they have the same adjectives, great now I have to deal with the both of them together! Lucky Faith, she doesn't have to deal with this mate crap. Wait where is Faith? Back to Audrie, is she okay? Ugh! I feel like I'm going crazy not seeing her after I was cuddled with her last night.