Chapter 59

Chapter 59

Tyler’s POV

“So much for our twerk party.” I said as I plopped on the couch and played with the rigged edges of the couch pillow.

Denis sat across the room scrolling through his phone as if time alone with me wasn’t enough. I mean look at me, I am the type of company everyone wants to be around! Even the kids love me! As I laid on the couch, I overheard some fumbling upstairs as well as some banging outside, but of course it was nothing but Audrie and Neal wrestling like they usually do. Em came in a few moments later jolting with anger, which was quite clear upon her face. I sat up and scooted over so that she could at least have a place to pass out on once she released some of that anger built up on her.

“Why are guys so stupid?”

I coughed dramatically.

“Excuse me? Girlfriend, we are not stupid okay we just have 1,000 more brain farts than average.” I said snapping my fingers in Z formation.

She giggled and then her face went back to being blank. Honestly, with girls I don’t get it, I don’t get how they can pretend they’re fine one minute then just have a breakdown on the church floor. Is there ever a time that they think maybe talking about your problems can make you feel a whole lot better? But who am I to judge huh? Anna hasn’t spoken to me in 3 days, why you ask? Simply because I forgot to pick her up from her Zumba class, and forgot our date night at the movies, did I mention I left her there too? Oh yeah, and I also forgot to wake her up in time for her to take her SAT. There’s just been a lot going on, it wasn’t on purpose though, I promise.

“Let’s get out of the house.” Denis said.

We both sent him a questioning look as he got up and shook his pocket in hopes of finding his keys.

“Where are we heading?” Em asked.

 “There’s this house party around the block, I know a few people and the invite was just sent out. So why not?”

“Says the soon-to-be-father.” I chuckled as Em hit me forcefully in the head.

He shot a snicker’s wrapper from his pocket at my face, and nearly cut my lip! My lips are too luscious for cutting okay! There is no need for violence at a time like this, especially since I have gotten any smooches from my pooh pooh bear.

“I can’t go.”

They both looked at me then, clearly giving me the ‘why not’ face. I have to make it up to Anna; this non-verbal interaction between the two of us is really killing a brother’s vibe, I have a few tricks up my sleeve, because I’m not going down without a fight. They obviously knew the reason why because they made their way out the door without waiting for an explanation. I sat back down on the couch and put my face in my hands in serious thought.

“Neal.” I called through mind link

There was no answer.

“Hey, dude with the broken tail bone. Or should I call you bone head considering you’re too darn stupid to answer a simple mind link. It’s not a text, you aren’t typing. So how hard could it be to answer your beta .Your freaking beta man!”

Still nothing.

I made my way up the stairs and stopped once I reached Audrie’s door and the minute I was about to knock Neal came out of the bathroom shirtless scratching his arm pit and just as he was about to sniff his hand I sent him a disgusted look.

“What?”

“So we don’t answer mind links now?”

~~~~