Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"What is this?" I asked picking up the piece of clothing with two fingers.

"It's your dress; now put it on so that we could go!" Faith yelled.

"Where are we going?"

"Out to dinner, so come on, so that we could go get Jessie and put Neal out of his misery."

"No need for the attitude." I spat before slapping her with my ponytail and stomping into the hospital bathroom.

I let all my worries drain out into the shower; I have a feeling this dinner is going to be really awkward. I shut off the water, dried my wet body, and blow dried my hair. There was an angered knock on my door and I still wasn't dressed. So I quickly threw on my bra and underwear and creeped towards my door with my blow dryer ready just in case I had to burn someone's face off. I slowly pushed down the handle and came face to face with Neal, he had dark purple bags underneath his eyes, his tan was fading, his lips weren't that normal shade of pink and he had no sign of being alive. I bit the side of my cheek because I didn't want to say anything to piss him off even though he deserved it. See aren't I an awesome mate?

"Did you want something?" I asked.

"I was just seeing if you were okay."

"Ohhh, um yeah I'm fine I'm just getting dressed." 

"Oh sorry." He mumbled as he combed through his shaggy hair.

The conversation wasn't getting anywhere so I just closed the door in his face because I was getting goose bumps just being near him and he didn't need to see that. I put on the stupid strapless sundress and looked at myself in the mirror. It was multicolored but the main color was white, I left my sandals beside my bed and I really didn't want to face Neal's zombie like behavior.

So I had to suck it up and walk out of my bathroom only to find my room completely empty. I could have jumped up in joy but I feel bad now. So I put on my sandals and headed down the hall to Jess's room. I knocked once and did wait for him to answer before I barged in. He still laying in the bed fast asleep and an evil smile spread across my face. I walked over to his curtains and spread them wide enough to let every bit of light into his room, then I got a cup on cold water, and lastly I stood on his bed.

One... Two... Three!

"OHHHHH HAPPY DAYYY! WHERE JESUS WASHED! WAKE UP JESS! WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I jumped up and down on his bed.

He was so surprised he fell off the bed and hit his head on the dresser. I found this the right time to pour my cup of water on his face as I kept jumping on his bed.

"Oh my god! Are you freaking me? Is this some kind of...Ugh! Audrie, I want to say I hate you so much!"

I stopped jumping on his bed and started cracking up laughing instead. Its so fun messing with him! I slid off the bed and helped him off the floor, he was upset but I still kept a convincing smile on my face. He soon forgave me and I began jumping on his bed again.

"Did she ever change the sheets?" 

He chuckled, "Nope."

I shrugged it off and stopped jumping because I was getting a little nauseous of my previous lunch. 

"You stink. I think a shower will brighten up your day bud." I said as I plugged my nose.

He shot me a look saying 'so-much-for-being-a-best-friend' but come on! I was telling the truth! Would you rather have your friend dress cute, look cute, but smell awful? Or look cute, dress cute, and smell awesome? Don't answer that.

He chucked the pillow at my fast too fast for me to dodge and he headed into his bathroom. I sat, and sat, and sat until I was bored to death. I left him a note saying meet me in the café and I went on my way. I quietly made my way to the elevator without making a scene only to stop the door from closing at the last minute. I pressed the fourth floor button and smelled the scent that belonged to the one and only Neal himself. I tore my gaze away from the increasing numbers and looked at him, he was already staring at me but I just couldn't stop the guilt that was rushing through me! Darn this freaking mark he gave me!

I pressed the emergency stop button and finally had some words escape from my mouth.

"Why'd you do it?" I managed to say.

"I thought it was best for your safety. I didn't want any other male near you."

"But that's still not going to keep them away!"

"I know. But, you are just so addicting and I just love you too much. I don't want to lose you. I'm pretty sure any other male would be just as addicted to you as I am."

I just turned my back to him and cleared my thoughts; there he goes with that L word again. It just leaves me flabbergasted each time. I'm not going to forgive him or give in I just want him to be stronger, so I leaned over and kissed him. I forgot about him being ten times stronger than before so he clutched me against his hard body and kissed me as if he wasn't going to see me again. I just couldn't pull away I felt like I was just glued to him and we were inseparable it was until he gasped for air that I came back to my senses. I pushed away from him because I didn't want to do anything I would regret later. He caught the message and relaxed a little.

"You aren't off the hook." I snapped.

" I know."

I then pushed the button again and walked out of the elevator without taking a glance back.