Chapter 12

Chapter 12

" Three weeks Audrie? No! I've been here for two months enough is enough!" Dad yelled.

Why make this difficult? Okay look at it like this, within three weeks I will be finishing my list of things that I'd like to do while I'm here. I just have to persuade this impatient adult that we're leaving when three weeks of my time is over.

"Please daddy." I whined making a puppy dog face.

He stared at my face trying to make his point, but I was winning. He took in a deep breath and looked down at the floor. Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner! Why is it that he can't say no to the puppy dog face? I mean yeah I'm cute but if it can change his mind why not try it on someone else?

"Okay Audrie, three weeks and that's final no exceptions." 

"Really! I love you so much!" I yelled jumping out of the chair and hugging him.

"Okay kiddo, you can let go now."

I realized I was squeezing him to tight and loosened my grip I had from around his neck. He tickled his way out of my hold and I squirmed so much I had no other choice but to let go. My dad was fun, he's so humorous and understanding the total opposite of my mother. I really don't get how this mate thing works, from the looks of it you're destined to be with someone forever whom you may not have anything in common with. What type of mess is that? I hope my mate and I have some things in common.

"We're starting my to-do list today." I explained.

"What's on your list?" 

"We're heading to the beach." I smiled watching his expression change.

"Okay be ready in ten." 

He didn't have to tell me twice, I opened his office door within the next two seconds making my way up the stairs. I'm happy I have good endurance because if it wasn't for being a werewolf I'd be passed out on the first flight of stairs. I made it to my room in a jiffy not wasting any time. I made sure I locked my room door before getting undressed then I stripped off every piece of clothing I had on my body. I walked to my drawer that had my bikini in it and put it on, looking in the mirror I saw how zombie-like I looked. 

Walking into the bathroom I splashed my face with cold water then dried it with a towel. I looked through all of the bathroom cabinets for my brush and finally found it. My hair was tangled pretty badly so I would say I was in the bathroom brushing for about ten minutes. Finally the worst part was over and all I had to do was grab my beach bag and head out.

I grabbed everything on my way out of the door as fast as I could. I jogged my way down the hallway towards the stairs and ran into the one and only guy I wish I never met...Jessie.

"Whoa! Now where do you think you're going with that on?" He asked.

"The beach duh." I snapped.

"Oh really? I'm coming too." He smiled.

I noticed his red and black swimming trunks and his white muscle shirt. This boy just doesn't know the signs of a girl not wanting him! Okay he's cute, I'll admit that but he's not my type! I stopped thinking to myself and started walking down the stairs realizing I didn't have any shorts on. I looked at the corner of my eye and saw Jessie checking me out! This guy is a pervert I don't know how Anna deals with him, I kind of feel bad for the girl.

"Such a perv!" I yelled making sure he heard me.

He walked behind me but not to close though, I stopped at the last stair and took my time to jump off of it. Everyone that I'd been introduced to was standing in front of the door waiting. Whoever said this was a pack gathering to the beach? Man word gets around fast, like high school.

Well, off to the beach. 

~~~

Jessie's POV

The beach was beautiful like it's always been, the ocean waves silently crashing onto the shore along with the light cool breeze that blew through my hair. We reached the shade and set our bags and stuff down. From the first moment I've seen Audrie; her presence just blew me away. The way her long dirty blonde hair flowed in the breeze made my heart stop, but there was nothing like her eyes. Those golden eyes of hers could make any guy just melt into her hands, I think I'm one of those guys.

I know she's not into me but soon she will be because I think I'm starting to fall in love with her. One thing I know for sure is that we aren't mates but maybe I could make it feel like we are. Hopefully I could make her stop being so stubborn and open up to me. When I saw her in her bathing suit my heart beat went up by one hundred, her body was perfect.

The way her body was built just made me go insane! It started from her chest to her flat stomach which was tanned just right like the rest of her body, then to her hips which were curvy but it made sense because her butt was amazing! I see why she called me pervert earlier because I could sit here all day and admire her beauty. Which leads me to her thighs which weren't too big or to small just aren't like any other girls' thighs. Last but not least her smooth legs that were removed completely from hair and they were also perfect.

She was everything I've ever wanted in a girl, I just want her and only her! Until she finds her mate she is mine and no one will take this moment away from me. She noticed me looking at her and rolled her eyes causing a smirk to form on my face.

I walked towards her and she started to walk away, I caught her by the arm and pulled her close to me.

"Can you get you nasty hands off of me?" She growled.

"Ohhh, feisty, I like feisty." I teased.

She stepped on my foot with a lot of power and tried to knee me in that manly area. I caught her by surprise when I caught her knee a couple of inches from me. She backed up trying to make me let go of her but I didn't, she pulled and pulled until she fell flat on her back in the sand. That's when I let go and tried to be kind and give her a hand, she pushed me away.

"Don't ever touch me again or you will never have kids." She warned stomping her way towards the water.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me. How embarrassing is that first having a girl you're falling in love with not like you and now she threatened me in front of everyone. I looked down in the sand and saw a necklace that had an A on it. It had to be Audrie's because it was popped and it had her name written on the back. I held it in my hand and started walking towards her. Someone grabbed my shoulder and of course held me back from what I was about to do.

"Dude, stop trying." Kenneth said.

"I can't help it man." 

"Let her have some alone time."

" So let her sit there alone looking out at the waves?" I asked.

"Yeah, girls are so moody ! Just give her some space she'll come running back." He laughed walking back to join Joy and Saige.

I stood there watching her wiggle her toes in the water as each wave covered her ankles. It's just something about her that makes me want to keep trying until she'll just have to accept me, I can't wait until then, hopefully its soon because my heart will always have a place for her.