Chapter 47

Chapter 47 

Emilie's POV 

After about several hours of sleeping, eating, hearing Audrie and Tyler argue and makeup then fuss again, we finally made it to their home. I felt the butterflies rise in my stomach yet again; I just don't know how her family members will react to me. You know what I mean? The once rejected mate of a dead alpha who just happened to almost kill one of their family members and tear their entire family apart? Wow that would look really good on my resume... 

"Em are you ready to meet your new family?" Audrie asked showing a clear sign of excitement. 

I nodded nervously but she couldn't quite tell because before I could react she yanked me by the arm and started towards their house door. Wait a minute, when did I take my seat belt off? Gosh this girl is quick! 

"Honey bun, would you be a sweetheart and bring Em and I's bags upstairs to my room?" She called over her shoulder as she left open the front door. 

"Sure babe. I got you covered." He yelled back. 

I didn't even get a chance to say thank you because by the time I turned around to say thanks to my new alpha the hyper chick next to me pulled me yet again but this time towards their very large but warm kitchen. The lady sitting at the table with a welcoming smile on her face stood up and walked towards us. Audrie stopped in her tracks and nearly trampled the woman before us, I stood back just in case I was in any danger of getting a concussion. 

The woman with the brown hair and surprisingly gold eyes like the rest of them looked up at me. Her smile grew even wider as she took her first steps towards me and grabbed both of my hands in hers. 

"It's very nice to meet you Emilie. I'm Audrie's mom Veronica, but of course you could call me Mrs. Benton or mom it doesn't matter." She smiled as we wrapped her arms around me in the most comforting hug I had ever experienced. 

"Thank you." I smiled as I closed enjoyed warmness and love she radiated from her body. I think I'll get use to this place in no time. 

~~~

Audrie's POV 

I almost teared up at the moment Emilie and my mom shared, ugh I am such a girl. Okay, moment over I gotta show her around! 

"Excuse me while I cut in! I missed you mom, I love you ,but I have to show her around if you don't mind." I said so fast it took her a few minutes to analyze everything I just said. 

"Okay?" She said questioningly as I cut in on their embrace.  

What? There's plenty of time for that! 

I ran up the stairs linked arm and arm with Em but as I got closer I smelled the already dry paint on the wall. I don't remember smelling this smell before I left, I opened my room door and smelled around and found no sign of my walls being repainted. I left Em to explore my room while I made my way back downstairs and came across Neal and Tyler arguing in a low tone. 

"You tell her." Neal whispered. 

"No, you!" Tyler snapped back. 

I cleared my throat which had their heads snap into my direction. Nervousness and of course guilt spread across both of their faces. 

"Tell me what?" I questioned as I picked up a pillow from the couch, fluffed it, and put it back down. 

"Ugh." Neal started. 

"See, Neal had some serious gas that day and kinda formed a hole in the wall." Tyler said. 

"Oh really?" 

"No actually-" Neal started again. 

"He had some serious anger issues that day and ran someone into the wall." Tyler smiled. 

"Dude, could you stop interrupting!" 

"Woah there alpha." We cracked up simultaneously. 

I wiped the tears from my eyes as my stomach started to hurt because I was laughing so hard. Boy, have I missed my home! So much has happened since I've been gone. 

"We, will speak of this later. Got it?" I sent them a death glare. 

"Yes ma'am." They nodded without a second thought about it. 

I smiled to myself and ran back up into my room only to see Emilie cuddling with my Joshua. My Joshua! Oh no, you do not touch my panda like that! I marched towards her and snatched Joshua away and she sent me a confused facial expression. 

"Em. I'm cutting you some slack by not ripping you hands off right now." I breathed as I petted Joshua's fur. 

"It's just a bear Audrie it's not that-" I stopped her by putting one hand on my hip. 

"Do not say its not that serious because it is!" 

I heard some footsteps enter my room then stop, I didn't have to look over my shoulder to see who it was because he had me by the waist in the next to seconds. 

"I'm so sorry I didn't know." Emilie managed to say out of astonishment. This girl is too innocent... I can't treat her like everyone else in this house. 

I took a deep breath in and smiled at her, she tried smiling back but being that she still showed a sign of being scared I unraveled myself from Neal's grasp and went to go hug her. She was shocked at first but soon hugged me back. 

"Sorry, its just that I've had him since I was born you know?" 

"I understand. " She smiled and before I knew it she reached into her bag and pulled out a stuffed piggy with a knitted sweater a knitted hat and mittens. 

"This is Leilah and if you touch her, you will see the wolf side of me." She warned as she flashed a smile. 

Neal and I stepped a few feet before realizing she was so serious about her threat. We nodded in unison and she skipped outside of my room with a glowing facial expression. 

"Neal?" I asked. 

"Yeah?" 

"Do not touch Leilah."

"You don't have to tell me twice." He said as he moved closer to my face and kissed me like there was no tomorrow.