Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I stared at his face memorizing every single feature. I can't believe I'm looking at my dad right now! Wow three months really does make a difference, he didn't look old he just looked his age which seems kind of weird. When my mom and dad were living in the same house together before our pack ran into some trouble, they looked like a young couple with a bunch of teenage kids. My dad loved my mom so much, just seeing them together made the world complete.

"Wow kiddo, you've grown a lot since I've last seen you." My dad said.

"Yeah it's been a while huh?" I answered reaching in for a hug.

His cologne was the same as it's always been, some things just never change. This was actually the first time I've seen him wear loose fitting sweats and a tight t-shirt. Not the type that sticks to you but it's just fit him well.

He chuckled and wrapped his arm around me as he reached for my suitcase. I let go of him not liking the embrace anymore as we walked out of the airport doors. The fresh breeze hit my face like no other, I wish weather like this could last a lifetime.

"Enjoying the breeze?"

"Yeah, it's been a long time since I've been here." I inhaled.

We reached the jeep and I opened the passenger door. My dad closed the trunk and looked at me with curious eyes. I stopped what I was doing and gave him a clueless expression.

"You're not driving?" 

" Me? Drive? I mean I know how but mom never let me do it without someone chaperoning." I said.

"Well how about you drive us home." My dad said walking towards me.

"Really? Okay!" I said running to the driver's side.

We jumped in and buckled our seat belts; I felt so self conscious as I started the car put it in drive. I looked at my dad with nervousness in my eyes and he nodded for me to put the metal to the medal. I stepped on the gas and started driving down the street, I didn't even know where I was going.

"Where am I going?" I asked focusing on the road.

"Keep straight and take a left at the light." 

I stopped at the light and noticed my dad was gripping on to the seat and the seat belt. Am I that bad of a driver? I actually thought I was doing a great job, I put so much effort in paying attention to the speed limit and this is what I get!

"Am I doing a bad job?" 

"No, it's just hard for me looking at drive when I remember your first steps."  He breathed.

I turned back to the road and loosened my grip on the wheel relaxing a little. The light turned green and I took a right and kept straight. The houses we passed were really nice and big, it reminded me of that time when we went to my grandma's house( the one that lives there) and Tyler and I thought playing hide and seek would subside the fact of us being bored. I was first to hide and Tyler took three hours to find me because the house was so big and confusing. I was hiding in my grandma's laundry basket the whole time.

"Okay keep straight and take a left at the stop sign." 

I did I was told and started seeing a lot of trees and forests as I kept driving. Is this even a road? What in the world! I feel like I'm just driving to a mysterious house in the middle of nowhere, like courage the cowardly dog.

"Dad what type of road is this?" I questioned.

"A road that doesn't have a sign." He said sarcastically.