Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Audrie's POV

What does he mean I'm not ready? I was tempted to kiss you weren't I? Guys are just full of crap, I can't believe I thought just for a brief second he wanted to kiss me but now it's all excuses. I played with the food that Ms. Martha set in front of me, and she was now glaring at me from the corner of her eye probably wondering why I wasn't eating. I didn't want breakfast or anything else that was supposed to soothe my appetite. I sighed and that brought her to my side, she petted my head and sat in the chair next to me.

What's bothering you Audrie?" She asked.

I pushed the food in front of me and debated with myself whether or not I should tell the mother of my problem what was going on.

"It's nothing." I mumbled and swung my feet underneath the table.

She took my hand in hers and I looked up at her, darn those motherly eyes I hate so much! You could never get away with anything! I tried looking away but the glare was too hard to fight so of course I cracked.

"It's Jessie."

She laughed, "That boy just never stops talking about you and I'm surprised you haven't heard him say I love you already."

He loves me? Well duh of course he does but he hasn't said it. I mean I hear his heart beat faster every time I'm too close and I'm sure he hears mine. My cheeks grew red and I forced a smile.

"He hasn't said it."

"But isn't it clear? He shouldn't have to unless it was truly necessary! What I'm saying is honey, the boy is giving you the message head on. You just haven't noticed."

She let go of my hand and continued making lunch, I was eating breakfast at noon I know how weird of me right? But I had an idea for today and I don't want to waste time sitting here.

"Thank you Ms. Martha!" I shouted and ran to hug her.

Then I rushed up the stairs and threw on my cute sun dress that Faith snuck inside of my bag without me knowing. My heart sank to my stomach when I thought about my family, I reached for the house phone and dialed my house phone number. The dial tone came on and it rang and rang then finally reached the voicemail. That's not like Tyler to not answer the phone, you would think he would be the first person to pick it up on the first ring. I redialed and redialed until finally someone answered the darn phone!

"Hello..." Denis answered.

"Uh hi! This is your little sister speaking! I've been calling the phone for like 45 minutes! What's going on? Isn't Tyler there? He always answers the phone, is something wrong? And you better not lie!" I yelled through the receiver.

He didn't say anything until two full minutes passed. When you're pissed off two minutes feels like three hours so I was fuming.

"Denis!"

"Sorry, geez stop being so loud I can hear you! And no nothing is wrong everyone is sleeping in today." 

I felt my heart beat increase and at the pit of my stomach I felt like something was really wrong.

"You're lying. I can feel it." 

"Fine! It's not my place to tell you!" 

"What do you mean? Where's Tyler?" I questioned.

"In his room...he's been in there for two days straight. He hasn't come out since his double date."

I got off of my bed and sat on the floor preparing for anything that was coming.