Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Finally, my body gave up on me, I was getting sick and tired of walking around here like I was fine but really I'm not. Having a mate is overwhelming along with trying to get Jess to get over me, Tyler and I aren't talking since the argument we had before Neal and I got into it and its time I just blow up already! I should have just confronted everyone, but no, I have to be the strong daughter of a retired alpha. As I was thinking about this my hearing started coming back to me I guess I was so in shock I wasn't breathing. I heard the heart monitor beeping normally; I heard the slow panicky breaths of someone near me, and then I heard low whispers coming from out in the halls.

"When is she going to wake up?" Neal's shaky voice finally said.

"The doctor said in a couple minutes, give her some time she's going to okay Neal." Anna assured.

Should I just open my eyes and see panic on his face? I don't want him to feel like it was his fault because honestly it's not just his its mine too. I shouldn't have gotten mad over something like that, it's bad enough he's the new alpha and now he's sitting here blaming himself for everything. I started to feel his emotions if that sounds right, I felt the emptiness her felt and I felt all the guilt that was overtaking his body. I felt trembling hands take hold of my right hand and I felt him lightly kiss the top of it.

"Please babe, please wake up. Audrie I'm so sorry! If giving up my new role as alpha would make you wake up I'll do it just please!" He cried into my side.

I found this kind of funny. I know I'm such a buzz kill but I've never seen him this vulnerable in my life. I slowly opened my eyes and felt the irritation of the lighting. But they later adjusted and looked over at Anna who was silently wiping tears away from her eye. I sent her a smile and moved the hand Neal was holding, he thought he was imagining things at first so he looked down at my hand and kissed it again. This time I caressed his cheek and he finally looked at my face teary eyed and all, I tried hiding a smile but he beat me to it.

"You're such a baby. But I love it." I admitted.

"I love you."

Before I could say anything back my doctor came in. She had blonde hair, green eyes, if you asked me she reminded me of one of those twilight saga vampires.

"I see your awake, how are you Ms. Benton?" She asked.

I can't even say her name because she didn't introduce herself what type of doctor doesn't introduce themselves?

'Ugh, honey bun?' I asked.

'Yes? We really need to work on our nicknames! And stop looking at your doctor like that she's going to think you don't speak English!' 

"Does she speak English?" My very annoying doctor asked.

'What's her name?' I questioned.

'Doctor Wilison.' answered.

'What type of na-' I smiled at her.

"I'm fine thanks for asking. Can I go home?" 

Anna and Neal looked at each other and then back at me as if I was speaking Spanish!

"Actually, we want to keep you for the next 24 hours just for further inspection. Your oxygen level was low when you got here and you had a sign of high blood pressure. Being that you're a werewolf I'm sure by tomorrow you'll be feeling better than usual. We supplied you with an iv because it seems like you haven't eaten for the past two days, mostly from stress, I understand, so just rest and relax." She explained.

I just nodded my head and accepted the fact that I had to stay in this boring hospital for yet another day. I tried sitting up but had a blood rush go straight to my head and Neal gently pushed me back down. I crossed my arms across my chest in defeat and watched as my doctor walked calmly out of my room and my dad, Tyler, Amanda, and Denis walked in. They all took sighs in relief and came huddling over me in a hug.

"I'm.Only.One.Person.... Can't. Breathe." 

Neal pushed all of them off of me and they retreated a few feet away. Looks like being Mr. Alpha has gotten to his head and made him one hundred times more, over protective, possessive, and arrogant. My life is just perfect! I laughed at Neal's seriousness and that calmed him down a whole lot, he sat back down in the chair beside me and held my hand.

"Oh no he didn't! Anna hold my sandwich! I'm about to throw down!" Tyler shouted and Denis held both of his hands behind his back while escorting him out.

"You're lucky he's holding me back!" Tyler shouted.

My brother is such a drama queen and he's a guy! I think he would make a great actor some day. I squeezed Neal's hand to capture his attention and he couldn't have turned my way any quicker. I smiled the widest smile and right now I just wanted to kiss Neal's soft lips. I leaned forward and kissed him softly then I laid back down and went into a deep sleep. 

~~~

Neal's POV

I never thought that I could love anyone as much as I love Audrie. How could someone look beautiful during everything? I love watching her sleep, eat, smile, and even laugh I'm happy I finally admitted that I love her and I'm pretty sure she loves me too if only she wasn't so stubborn. I felt really bad for hurting Jessie I haven't even checked on the poor guy since I practically ran her to the ER. I got up, kissed her on the forehead, and walked into the waiting room only to see Audrie's dad standing there waiting. 

I approached him and he had a dead stare all over his face. I don't know if he was angry, happy, or sad but something is up.

"Alpha- Mr. Benton, what room is Jessie in?" I asked.

"Three doors down from Audrie, I just waited here to thank you for saving my baby girl." 

"She's my mate, I love her I'll do anything for her."

" I'm happy it was you, I'm so happy." 

I nodded my head in agreement and made my way down to Jessie's room. I knocked lightly on the door and heard a low murmur escape from his mouth. I opened the door and saw that he was covered in bandages and Anna was crying next to him. He was slowly petting her hair while Tyler held her against his chest and sent me daggers.

"Can I talk to Jessie for a minute?" I sighed.