Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I ended up sleeping on the couch for the night because I didn't want to mess up Audrie's perfect room. Tyler came storming downstairs along with Amanda chasing behind him, I lifted my head up from off of the couch and sat up completely hearing my whole spine crack. My body ached from the position I slept in and the thought of Audrie was still beating me upside the head.

Tyler came in my view and sat next to me while he smacked on some chips.

"Oh, you look depressed." He said.

"Well, part of the reason might be because you're smacking in my ear!" I yelled snatching the chips from out of his hand.

"Hey!" He hollered

I laughed as I stood up and walked inside of the kitchen. Amanda was sitting on Denis's lap as he ate breakfast; I made a disgusted face at her when she looked up at me.

"Oh my gosh." 

I set the bag on chips on the table and sat down. I put my face in my hands and began to slouch my shoulders. My head was spinning in circles and there was only one thing that was on my mind all the time and I just couldn't take it anymore.

"I'm going to Michigan." 

"Wait, what? Why?" She questioned.

"Because I just need Audrie right now." I answered looking up at her.

She looked at me with wide eyes and her face relaxed. She took a deep breath and wiped a piece of hair out of her face. Denis put the piece of toast down once he took a bite out of it and didn't show any worry. Tyler ran in pretty fast once he heard my explanation of why I had to leave.

"Dude I'm coming with you." He blurted out.

"Me too." Amanda added.

"Why you?" I asked.

"I'm not missing out on a trip to Michigan!" 

"If Amanda's going then so am I." Denis added.

Faith came running down the steps with her curler in her hand.

"If everyone else is going then so am I!' She shouted.

"Who said this was vacation for everybody?" 

"I was going to come regardless of what you said." Tyler and Amanda both said.

"Okay, so anyone else coming since the whole house basically agreed?" I questioned.

Mrs. Benton entered the kitchen with a smile planted on her face. I really don't know what's been making her happy all of a sudden but I hope she stays this way. When she's depressed like I am right now, she disappears through the walls as if she were a ghost. Everyone gazed at Mrs. Benton and she looked back at us with a curious face.

"Okay, Neal what's with all the commotion?" She asked.

I chuckled, "About that... we plan on going to Michigan to see how Audrie is doing." I explained.

"We?" 

"Yes ma'am they added their two senses in and I said no but they just wouldn't listen." I answered.

"So when do you plan on leaving?" 

"Next Monday." I replied.

She just nodded and sipped some orange juice as she leaned against the counter. I saw something change in her face; she just stood there and continued drinking. I wasn't sure whether or not I should ask her this question now or later. Well here's my chance.

"Do you want to come with us to Michigan?" 

~~~

Audrie's POV

I opened my eyes wide noticing I wasn't in my room. I wasn't in my bed alone either; I turned on my side to see Jessie's back facing me. What the heck man! I nervously stripped the covers from off of my body to make sure I was dressed completely. I was dressed, but not in my clothes, my heart thudded harder. Panic ran through my mind and all I could think of at the moment was did he take my clothes off and put this huge t-shirt on instead?

I looked inside of the shirt and saw that I still had my bathing suit on. Phew! For a second I was going to lose my cool! I leaned over to look at his face; I liked the way his features changed when he was asleep. Everything was relaxed and he looked like a small child, a smile spread across my face as I stared at him.

He smirked every now and then letting me know he was having a good dream. He then tosses his self over to face me and his arm was now laid across my lap. My heart beat faster and I sat there frozen trying to figure out what I should do. I gently lifted his arm as I stepped out of bed and let it go once both of my feet were planted on the ground. I walked backwards obviously not knowing where I was going, and then it happened.

I tripped and fell backwards on a pile of his dirty clothes. He quickly woke up and looked up at me trying to hide a smirk.

" Morning..." I whispered.

He smiled and got out of bed, oh lord he was shirtless! I looked down at the floor and finally found the energy to get up. I looked up at him and he just smiled, not even saying a word.

"You're such a creep! Why didn't you just put me inside of my own room?" I asked.

"You're heavier than you think." 

"You're rude." I pointed out.

"I was kidding geez, you can't take a joke?" 

"Obviously not." I snapped rolling my eyes.

I started to walk out of his room but I had something on my mind and I had to ask him.

"What did you want to ask me?" I questioned.

"Oh uh, can I take you on a date? Like to the park or something?" He murmured as he put his hand behind his head nervously.

"A date? You and I?" I gasped in exaggeration.

"Seriously Audrie." 

"Okay, fine." I answered.

"So is that a yes?" He sighed.

"Yes, it's a date." 

~~~

Jessie's POV

She actually said yes? Wow this is crazy! I can't believe she said yes am I dreaming? Nah I can't be! When Audrie walked out of the room I missed her already, I carried her from the beach, to the car, to my room which was a lot of work. I was too tired to take her to her own room plus I wanted her to sleep with me, right by my side. I was smiling so hard my cheeks started to hurt; I had to tell Kenneth he was actually right for once.

I ran down the steps and turned that left corner that led into his room and he was actually in there this time.

"Kenneth hey!" I hollered.

"Jessie, what do you want?" He asked.

"So about Audrie..."

"Man stop right there. I told you to give her some time." He interrupted.

"Which I did, she slept with me last night and I asked her on a date."

"You said what now? You slept with her meaning you two you know..." He trailed off.

"No Kenneth! Meaning she slept beside me and we didn't do anything." 

"Dang man, so close! She's hot too." 

I growled loudly making him stop saying things like that about Audrie.

"Well okay, you don't have to be so angry." He added.

"Anyways she said yes and I plan on taking her to the park, but if you want to make this a double date to help your boy out then that would be fine." 

"Nah man I can't interrupt your first date with her, you got this and if you need some help all you have to do is ask."

"Okay thanks anyway." 

"No problem, you should probably get ready for your date now."