Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I stopped the car in front of Audrie's house and was greeted by Denis and Faith arguing. Amanda was in the passenger seat but I guess she couldn't fight the urge of being inches away from Denis. I really am hoping Audrie isn't clingy, not that I wouldn't like that, okay I'm lying to myself Audrie isn't the clingy type but I kind of want her to be. There was a tap on my window and I rolled it down in time to see Mrs. Benton's face, she looked anxious and very happy at the same time, to bad she said she didn't want to come.

"Neal, I think it's best if I give you the speech now." She breathed.

I nodded and let her continue while Denis and Faith's argument was getting louder and a bit violent.

"Oh no! Denis stop being so sloppy! That's my shoe bag you bastard!" Faith shouted.

"Faith shut up! No wonder why you don't have a mate, you have some serious issues and no guy wants that coming from a brat!"

"Excuse me Mr. I-know- everything-just-because-I-have-a-mate, you aren't perfect and just out of luck you met Amanda!" She growled and then the slap came.

"I swear if I hear one more thing out of the both of you; your little furry tails will be staying here parked on the couch for the week." Mrs. Benton growled.

There was a hushed silence and I heard the whispers coming from the both of them.

"This. Isn't. Over." They whispered in unison.

I tried fighting a smile but Mrs. Benton's glare was priceless, a chuckle escaped from my mouth and Faith slapped me in the back of the head as she got ready for this long but rushed trip. Anger started bubbling through me and I tried keeping myself composed by gripping the steering wheel tighter.

"Where was I? Oh yeah, she's going to be upset at first, give her some time! Don't rush her into anything and please try and keep yourself composed as I can see it isn't playing out very well." She continued.

I loosened my grip a little and took calm breaths. I already know the rest of this lecture is going to come from Audrie's father so I might as well be prepared. Mrs. Benton, or shall I say Sarah...nah doesn't feel right, finished up her lecture and gave all kissed everyone goodbye and her blessings. As soon as I put the car in reverse Tyler rushed out with a suitcase dragging behind him.

"Oh, so you guys were planning on leaving me after all?" He called as I popped the trunk.

"Didn't think you were coming."

He chuckled and squished himself in the back seat. We waved goodbye to Mrs. Benton and the trip to see Audrie officially began. 

~~~

Audrie's POV

I dried my tears that were no longer there. You would think I was forming a whirlpool with all the tears I've been letting out. They weren't tears of joy, or excitement, I was pissed off! I've never been so mad that tears started to come out of my eyes. All the sobbing and stuff were just snot filled growls that sounded like cries. I've been in this corner of my room for approximately two to three days, no shower, no food, and no light. I was officially dying in my own misery, there was a hard forceful knock on my door and it didn't take a second guess to know who it was.

"Audrie open up." My dad commanded.

I tensed up and slowly lifted myself up from the corner I haven't moved away from in days. My muscles were stiffened and my balance was no longer available to me. But I cleared my mind and took each step at a time, when I reached the knob I took a shallow deep breath and turned it only to get slapped in the face by the sun's rays and my dad's broad figure.