Chapter 60

Chapter 60

After about 10 minutes of waiting for Spencer to reappear, I ended up just leaving the house and sitting outside for some fresh air. It gave me enough time to just think things through tonight, as it got darker it seemed as the though the music got louder and everyone got tipsier. The crickets and fireflies started making their appearance in the darkness and I was getting more and more impatient by the minute.

“I was starting to think you were hiding from me.”

I turned around only to see Spence hovering over me like a statue with that familiar yet cocky smile plastered on his face. He huffed as he slowly took a seat beside me on the curb and looked around awkwardly.

“I wasn’t hiding, I was actually waiting. Yet, you were kind of moving like a turtle.”

He laughed then, and I could’ve sworn he was staring at me. I felt my cheeks heat up a bit and he brushed the back of his hand across my right cheek, clearly acknowledging my shyness. Can I make this anymore awkward?

“Can I show you something?” He asked and stood up brushing his pants in the process.

“Sure?”

He reached out his arm and I latched on to it seriously curious as to where he was taking me. We walked away from the party, and the music that was blaring so loudly got quieter as we were further away from it. Soon all I heard where our footsteps, and the only form of light that I had to see his face were the street lights. So basically, turning my head every two seconds to see what he was thinking by his facial expression just wasn’t working out. As we got to the end of the street we took a quick right which led us on a trail to God knows where.

“Listen, if you’re trying to kill me I completely understand. I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that, you didn’t deserve that much punishment. But taking me down this rape trail is completely obvious! Like murders happen when you least expect it, you are really bad at this.”

He stopped walking, and took a minute to just look at me. He moved closer to look me in the eye and tuck a lock of my hair behind my ear.

“I can never get enough of you.”

I bit my lip then, trying to hold back any “awe’s” that may slip my tongue. Why was he so darn attractive? It’s like every time we got close like this my heart was beating to the tune of Turn Down for What. I looked away quickly and latched on to his arm again and continued walking not really wanting to respond to what he just said. Simply because I didn’t know what to say, this is making me even more frustrated.

“Okay seriously, where are you taking me?”

He continued to guide me down the Mysterious Trail of Wonders, and as we continued to walk the curiosity was eating me alive! The streetlights began to double as the trail was becoming longer and the fireflies multiplied as we approached what looked like a lake house. The sidewalk later diminished into a boardwalk, the lake house was lit up like a Christmas tree. All of these beautiful lights surrounding it and from a distance you could see the inside of it from the glass windows it was made up of.

“This is my lake house, it’s been in the family for God knows how many years, but it gets passed down to the eldest son or daughter of each generation.”

“It’s beautiful Spencer, like I’ve never seen anything like it.”

From the corner of my eye I saw him smile; he shook his head dramatically and gave me this look. This look made me turn my head and meet eyes with him, this look practically showed me how much he cared but it also showed me he knew.