Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Neal's POV

"I hate you." Audrie yelled before storming off.

I was too stunned to even go after her so instead I just stood there and watched the door slam behind her. I didn't know what to think or say at this moment, it's like our relationship is even more complicated than before! Instead of us being just best friends the stupid person who made up the mating process had to make my life even more stressful. Everyone having news is just too much for me to handle let alone with still trying to get use to Audrie being my mate. I would never trade this in for anything else in the world but God please give me a break!

Tyler, Denis, and Jessie approached me with furiousness written all over their face. I could move still I felt like I was still paralyzed by Audrie's words. She looked even more beautiful when she was upset, I ended up smirking just thinking about it. Tyler was the first to grab me by the neck and shove me against the wall while everyone else formed a circle around us.

"Ty...Just calm down." Anna soothed.

But Tyler just tightened his grip around my neck and he began trembling with anger. I didn't do anything of course because my mind was going through so many scenarios of what might be happening to Audrie right about now. Thinking of the something harming my precious mate made me angry and shoved Tyler off of me with all the force I had and headed towards the door. But of course be getting out of here alive was not going to happen easily, it was now Denis's turn and I've honestly never seen him this angry before and boy did that send shivers down my spine. I tried calmly walking around him but he held his hand up for me to stop.

"What has gotten into you?" He said through gritted teeth.

"Nothing. I'm trying to go get my mate but you're clearly in the way!" 

That set him off like a fire cracker he sent a fist flying towards my jaw and I didn't move I just let him hit me. I know I sound stupid but what's the use of making Audrie even angrier if I end up snapping one of her brother's necks in half. He hit my jaw full force and I felt it break and blood starting to fill my mouth, he hit me again, in the nose this time, and broke that also. Him being the Beta really doesn't compare to how much power he has in him, the punches he were sending towards me were somewhat harder than what any Beta I knew.

I was on the floor now and he was hovering over me clearly showing off that he was shifting into his wolf because of his finger nails turning into claws. I moved backwards until I hit something hard and that was Jessie, I don't know what came over me but I ended up punching him square in the face, breaking his arm, breaking a couple ribs, and breaking his leg within two minutes of that fight. He was now lying lifeless on the floor and that's when the Alpha stepped in.

"Stop fighting." He demanded in his alpha tone.

I was done fighting but it seemed like that calmed Denis and Tyler down a tad. Alpha Benton was now standing in the middle of me and his sons. I swallowed down the guilt of hurting Audrie's ugh, best friend and I felt as if my lifelong friendship with this family just evaporated right in front of me. Alpha Benton offered me his hand and I got up as he dusted off my shoulders and sent me a proud smile. Why is he happy that I almost killed Audrie's friend? Is he happy that his sons almost put my head on a stake? Man this dude is odd! I didn't smile nor smirk, just nodded my head awkwardly as he cleared his throat and everyone forced their attention on him.

"As your Alpha I'd do anything to protect you from danger. But, I've been staying away from my family for far too long and I've also been keeping secrets as well." He announced and there were a lot of gasps going around the room.