Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Jessie's POV

The fight was brutal, but it's finally over with, some members of the pack carried me inside because one rogue got lucky and tore some tissue in my leg. They laid me on the couch and my mom was standing alongside me while they took care of the bruises and open cuts. I think the worse thing they ever did was try and stop the bleeding from my leg. I swear if people weren't asleep right now, instead of gripping the side of the couch as tight as I possibly could I would be screaming. Finally they were done, and our pack doctor had spare crutches for me but I told him I didn't need them at the moment. Kenneth helped me up and my mom kissed my cheek as I limped up the two flights of stairs. Kenneth placed the crutches in my room and walked back downstairs.

"Thanks Kenneth." I called.

"No problem."

I haven't seen Audrie in about three hours and that really had me worried. I grabbed my crutches and made my way down the hall towards her room. Her door was open and she was fast asleep on the floor with the phone in her hand. I placed my crutches against the wall and bent down and cradled her into my arms. She was heavy, probably because I was on one leg; I hopped over to the side of her bed and placed her on her side. Her hair was covering her face but she was still beautiful, I moved the hair and kissed her on her cheek before walking back to my room. I think I fell asleep immediately because the next thing I knew I woke up the next morning and saw Audrie admiring the pictures on my mirror. 

I groaned in pain and she turned around quickly.

"Well, how are you feeling?" She asked as she came to sit down at the edge of my bed.

"Ouch!" I yelled.

She got up quickly and looked at me wide eyed.

"Did I just sit on your leg?"

"No." I laughed.

She sent me daggers and I couldn't help but crack up. I sat up and tossed my leg to the floor and the pain was gone already. She scooted beside me and I looked at her.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"About what exactly?" .

"Everything."

"Okay shoot."

"So where should I start?" 

"Rogues." She answered.

"Okay, well Martha is my mom which you should know, and my dad was a rogue. So I'm half rogue if that makes sense. The rogues were members of my dad's pack and my old friends I use to hang out with when Anna and I were kids. He left us when I was fifteen. I haven't seen him sense." I started.

She just nodded and looked down at her lap.

"So your dad and mom were good friends with my mom in high school. Your dad accepted us in the pack three years ago, we met you when you and Anna were six and I was eight. I don't know how I remember that but anyways we met your family and you and Anna played liked y'all were best friends." 

I saw a blank expression on her face.

"If you don't care you don't have to sit here and listen."

She looked at me with mind blown eyes and bit her lip. I reached my hand up to her cheeks and squeezed them together so that she could stop biting her lip. Now she looked like a fish and I let go.

"Continue, I'm listening." 

"Greg was my first cousin and he was the guy serving the hotdogs at the park. Of course he didn't come to the fight." I paused.