Chapter 7

Chapter 7

As I unpacked everything and put it in the right place I kept feeling I was missing something. Not like something hygienic but something I always brought with me. Oh gosh! I forgot Joshua! Joshua is my stuffed panda that I've had since birth, I never forgot him no matter where I went except for this time. I never knew what it felt like not to have him with me, I feel so lonely; which I was, but it felt more like an emptiness this time. I looked for a nearby phone and saw one right on top of my night table, I grabbed it and dialed my house phone number.

Tyler picked it up, "Hello?" He answered.

"Tyler do you see Joshua anywhere?" 

"Joshua? You mean that stuffed panda with the hat?" 

"Yes the stuffed panda with the hat! Where is he?" 

"You need to learn how to stop talking to people so rudely! And I don't know probably in your room somewhere." He answered.

"Can you look....please?" I said annoyed.

"Now there's some manners! Nice job sis and yeah I'll look you need to talk to mom." He handed mom the phone.

"Hello, Audrie?" My mom asked.

"Hey mom I made it to Michigan safe and sound." I said sarcastically.

"Good. How's your father doing?" 

"He's...I don't know handling this okay I guess." 

She was quiet for a moment.

"Mom, you still there?" I asked examining a broken nail.

"Did you leave something?" She asked.

"Yes, Joshua." 

" Wow, you still have that thing, I thought you lost it somewhere." 

Come on, I'm not that irresponsible... am I? I mean yeah I lose things a lot but nothing compared to Joshua. I love Joshua so much and if anything happened to him  I'll be some crazy she-wolf.

"Yup, I still have him." I scowled.

"Okay, well I love you so much honey and if you need anything I'll be just a phone call away." She said lovingly.

"I love you too." 

Tyler got back on the phone ruining the moment me and mom had going on.

"Okay well he's in your room, sitting on your bed enjoying the loneliness." Tyler joked.

"Good! If you touch him I will break you in half like a twig!" I yelled through the phone.

"But what if his hat is coming off?" 

"Still don't touch him." I growled.

"Well you don't have to be so harsh, I wasn't planning on touching your stupid bear anyways." He said with an attitude.

"He's not a bear! He's a panda!" 

"Okay whatever." 

"Well thanks for your help I'm tired." I said rubbing my eyes.

"Then sleep, goodnight Audrie." He cooed in a baby voice.

"Goodnight. I love you Tyler." I whispered so he couldn't hear, but he did.

"Love you too." He said hanging up the phone.

I set my empty suitcase on the floor and laid back on my bed as I dozed off to sleep.

Tyler's POV

I stood in the living room with the phone in my hand with shock. It's so hard seeing someone you've been with your whole life just leave. This has happened twice but I honestly think Audrie leaving was one of the worse things that have happened to me. Don't think I'm all sensitive and emotional because I'm really not, if you had a twin you would probably feel the same way. We came into this world together and have done everything together since then. I love my little sister so much that, I'm afraid of her finding her mate because when it comes to guys I can be a little overprotective. Whoever the guy is will be her first boyfriend  and if he hurts her he's going to have to go through me.

I sat on the couch hunched over as I held the bridge of my nose feeling so depressed. Denis came downstairs in the next few seconds slapping me in the back of the head as he came to sit down with me. 

"You okay?" He asked looking concerned.

"Yeah man I'm fine, it's just weird not seeing her and arguing with her." 

"Oh well it's Audrie she's self sufficient she'll be fine trust me." Denis patted me on the back.

"Of course she will, I'm just worried about other things." I looked up.

Denis picked up the remote and turned on the television. He started flicking through the channels until he came across what he was looking for. He set the remote down and watched "Fish Hooks" which was on Disney Channel. I turned towards him and laughed my butt off.

"You can't be serious!"

" Shut up, this is my show." 

"Wow, you're such a kid, being the oldest and all." I teased.

"Yeah well that's life, so if you don't mind going somewhere else while I watch my show." Denis trailed off.

"Oh so you want me to leave?" I asked playing dumb.

"That would be nice. Go mess with Faith or something." He waved me away.

"Well it would be nice if you used your manners and asked politely." 

He took a deep breath in, "Can you please get out of my face while I watch Fish Hooks Tyler?" Denis asked politely.

"Sure bro! Nice job using manners." I said as I walked towards the stairs.

He growled lowly and I knew I was getting on his nerves. I had nothing better to do, so why not bother him until he was annoyed. This summer is going to be so boring without Audrie. Why do I feel so helpless without her?

As I got to the top step I noticed Audrie's window was still open. Ever since she left which was only yesterday I felt like her and I no longer had that brother sister relationship. I walked into her room and shut the window; I still kind of smelled her scent which made my eyes water a little.

Someone turned on the light.

"Why are you in her room?" Faith asked walking in.

"Just shutting her window." I said sitting down on her bed.

"You miss her huh?" She asked leaning on Audrie's desk with her arms folded.

I nodded not wanting the tears to come back.

"She's fine you have nothing to worry about and I know how you feel."

"No you don't." I snapped.

"Yes Tyler I do. Remember that time when Denis left for a week for summer camp? "

"Yeah and Denis couldn't stay the whole summer because he begged mom and dad to come home?" I laughed.

She smiled, "Yeah, well that whole week I was so depressed I just couldn't think straight because I missed him so much. When he came back home I was so happy I tackled him." She laughed.

"I remember that. Yeah you stayed in your room that whole time, I barely saw you that week." I continued.

"You were littl,e I'm surprised you remember." She smirked.

"Yeah well I remember a lot, do you think she'll want to come home early like Denis?" 

"I highly doubt it, you know how Audrie can be stubborn." She patted my shoulder.

"Yeah I guess. I said looking up.

"Just give it some time; it will be over before you know it." Faith motivated me as she walked out.

"This is going to be a very long time." I said aloud as I got off her bed and shut the light off and walked out of her room.