Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Neal's POV

"Did you see the way she snapped at me?" I questioned as I opened the car door.

"Yes, but-" I cut Tyler off.

"And did you see what she was wearing? I mean come on! I'm trying my hardest to keep my sanity here!" I yelled as I strapped on my seatbelt.

"But you-"

"And did you see-" I got cut off by him.

"YES I SAW! GEEZ SHUTUP!" 

"You don't have to be rude." I said as I rolled my eyes and backed out of the driveway.

How am I supposed to react huh? Be all cool about my mate walking around with shorts too short to cover one butt cheek? I will take that as a definite no!

"You two need to stop." He snapped as he looked out the window.

"You need to stop siding with her."

"What was that?" He questioned lifting up an eyebrow.

"Nothing."

He snapped his head back in the direction of the window and I attempted to hide my smirk. What the heck man, now he thinks he has the upper hand. I'm not scared of him if that's what you're thinking! I could easily get all alpha on him...if I wanted to.

I pulled up to the gym and parked the car in the nearest parking space...which was next to Audrie's car. Great. I put the car in park and faced Tyler who just happened to be giving me a challenging smirk.

"What?" I questioned.

"I have a plan." He said.

~~~

Audrie's POV

We stood in the doorway of the gym and just stared back at the eager and thirsty eyes of the sweaty men that were paying a little too much attention to us.

"W-W-We should g-g-g-go." Em said.

I turned around to face her.

"I'm not letting Neal get the upper hand. That's a definite N-O."

"But they keep staring." She murmured.

"Get use to it, we're staying." 

I walked up to the room where we had individual lockers and unlocked our locker with my key. I grabbed Em and Anna's things and stuffed them in the locker. As I shut the locker I came in contact with a familiar face that I just so happened to know too well.

"Soooo, where's my hello Reese's cup?" Spencer smiled.

I smirked to myself in disbelief and didn't hesitate to huddle him into a bear hug.

"Hey Spence!" I smiled.

I heard two fake coughs come out of Anna and Emilie's mouths. I quickly spun around and grabbed the wrists of both Anna and Em and kindly introduced them to him.

"This is Anna." I said as I lifted her wrist up so that he could see which one I was talking about.

"Hey Anna." He greeted.

"And... this is Emilie." I smiled as I lifted her wrist up.

There was an awkward pause and I felt a shiver come from Em's body as I loosened my grip on her wrist. Hmm, that's weird... is it cold in here? Naaaa, something is definitely up.

"H-H-Hi Emilie." Spence stuttered.

Stuttering....that is definitely a bad sign. I let Em and Anna go and somehow managed to get them out of the room for a few seconds so that I could set things straight with Spence.

"What was that?" I asked putting my hands on my hips.

"What?" 

"Spencer Riley Johnson! " I raised my voice in a motherly tone.

"Okay, okay, shhhh." He said as he moved closer to my ear.

"Are you going to tell me?" I challenged.

"In a second if that's enough for you Mrs. Impatient." 

"I'm listening."

"I think she's-"He got cut off by a low growl.

I turned around to see Neal standing in his protective stance by the door. Oh boy. He glared at Spencer with the most hateful and disgusted glare I've ever seen in my life. Spencer grabbed my wrist faster than the speed of light and I just happened to move closer to him in fear of Neal.

It's crazy that I could be afraid of my own mate huh? Not! I moved away from Spencer and took one step closer to Neal. He growled in warning but I sure enough wasn't taking his attitude very kindly.

"Neeeal." I said slowly as I took another step closer to him.

He growled louder this time.

I took about five quick paces towards him until I was within arm's reach of him. Too bad he wasn't being himself. His wolf had full control over him now. As soon as he was about to leap I managed to force my way on top of his body and tackle him to the ground. He was of course stronger and pinned me within the next two seconds but once we made eye contact it was all over. As I looked into his eyes I saw my old Neal, the one I'd grown up with as well as shared memories with. All the flashbacks and good and bad times of our relationship went through my mind like a fast forwarded movie. He then calmed down a bit and that old cheesy smile appeared on his face.

"You're so beautiful when you're afraid." He smirked.

"Psssh. Me? Afraid? Yeah it's called acting, you should try it sometime." I snapped, as I sat up and pushed him off of me.

"Mhm. I still love you even when you do lie." He smiled again as he moved closer to my face blowing his scent across my lips making them numb as if I had ice freezing them shut.

"I love you more even though you aggravate me." I said as I pulled him into a hungry kiss.

"Awww y'all are too cute." Spencer said.

Neal growled.

"Aww stop it. You know it's true." I said as I paused in our kiss and smiled at him.