Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"I don't think that's a good idea alpha. I'm sorry, but I think you should give him time to heal." Anna sniffled.

I didn't feel like arguing with her because she looked like a wreck and I was already a part of her problems. I have too many freaking problems to worry about! I should have rethought the position when I had the chance. My headache has just begun and it's never going to go away at this rate. I started towards the door but took one last look at the damage I've done.

"Feeling the guilt yet?" Tyler questioned as he left Anna's side to come stand in front of me.

"Dude, I really think you should chill out, I've had enough stress to go around and as your alpha-"He cut me off by laughing.

"As my alpha? As my freaking alpha!" He yelled while pointing a finger at my chest.

"Don't test me." I snarled through gritted teeth.

"You know what! If it weren't for you and your stupid ways we wouldn't be in this situation. You don't know how much I just wish Audrie rejected your behind and went along with her life like nothing happened. You're just ruining everything for my family dude! My sister won't even talk to me for something you did! I hate you so much and if you break her heart trust me, I won't be hesitant to break every single limb in your body." Tyler growled.

I couldn't take it anymore I'm so sick of him blaming me for everything! Everything isn't my fault! I felt my body shake with rage as I gathered up all the information he just said. Was he right? Am I just as much as a coward as he says I am? That just made me sick to my stomach; I clenched my fists and tried not to let the fact of someone challenging my authority as alpha get the best of me. I'm not going to snap, I thought about Audrie being left in the room by herself and got a hold of myself.

"I'll just talk to Jess later. Let him know I came by Anna." I said before walking out and heading down the hall to Audrie's room. 

~~~

Audrie's POV

I hate this hospital! First of all they gave me a nasty dinner which consisted of a wilted salad, nasty fruit, ugly meatloaf, a stale potato, and a refreshing watered down soda. Someone just shoot me! I pushed my plate away after I tried every last bit of stuff they call food. I was flicking through the channels when I saw some dude leaning against my doorway. If he stays there and looks at me for two more seconds I'm going to rip this Iv out and slit his throat with my claws.

"What do you want!" I yelled.

He came in and sat down in the chair beside me before looking me in the eye.

"You seriously don't remember me Audrie? After all those suspensions of being you side kick this is what I get?"

"Spencer? Oh my god! Spence! How, what, who?" 

Spencer Johnson was another one of my guy friends who stuck by my side as a troublemaker. We were really close friends actually sort of closer than Neal and I. Don't tell him I said that, but yeah he's my high school bud! I freaking love this dude in a best friend kind of way, but anyways from seventh grade to my tenth grade year Spence and I swore that we would raise you know what until we graduate. I just can't believe he's here!

"You know I'm always here for you Reese's cup." He winked.

I laughed,"You really remember that? Oh my gosh! The last time I saw you was the last day of school. When we spray painted each locker in the school pink, shredded everyone's files, and slashed the principal's tires!"

"Oh yeah! That was so fun!" He laughed while staring into my eyes.

I laughed with him and looked away awkwardly as he held my hand and squeezed it so I wouldn't try to pull away. I started to feel uncomfortable and scooted away from him a little, I forgot to mention he's liked me for a while now and if Mr. Alpha walks in here and sees some other guy holding his mates hand he's going to go ballistic! I really want to see that so I sat up, slowly, and pulled him onto the hospital bed with me. So we sat there for god knows how much time and I was so caught up in catching up with my pal I didn't realize Neal was sitting in the chair along the wall on the left side of my bed.

"I think I should go." Spencer yawned.

"No, no, stay it seems like you two were having a great time. " Neal snapped.

"What's your problem? We make up and you're already being a jerk!"

"No really it's getting late." He continued.

"Spencer you can stay, you could sleep right next to me if you'd like, I'm sure no one would mind." 

I saw Neal tighten his grip on the arm of the chair and honestly I just wanted him to pay for being such a bastard. Why is he being such a jerk? He shouldn't take all his frustration out on me! It's not like we were getting our freak on! We were just laughing and fooling around plus I really needed some warmth but no, he wasn't able to supply that.

"No, actually I think you should go." Neal growled.

I grabbed his shirt before he hopped out of my hospital bed completely. He stopped and looked at me directly, I heard Neal growl but ignored it.

"If I had a choice of who my mate was, I would have chosen you." I whispered.

He smiled and pecked me softly on the forehead before he put on his jacket and whispered something back.

"Me too." He said as he caressed my cheek and walked towards the door.

Neal on the other hand wouldn't let something slide just like that. As soon he touched the first tile towards the doorway Neal was on his feet pinning him against the wall. I never thought I would see him lose control like that but I just don't want to deal with him at this moment.

"Neal, calm down and put Spencer down!" I shouted.

Being the coward he was he didn't listen to me and boy did that make me furious!

"You are such a coward Neal! You're a pathetic excuse for a mate, a alpha, and a friend. I think you should leave, the both of you." 

He released Spencer and I saw how hurt he looked, but am I wrong for being this way? I'm sick and tired of forgiving this boy I just need a break from him and his madness. He walked over to me and tried to kiss me, I slapped him across his face and glared at him with hatred.

"You put me through all of this and you expect me to forgive you right off the bat? No, Neal no! Not anymore, we may be mates but we aren't friends anymore! I don't want to see your face right now!  I just don't understand you, we are suppose to be best, friends, what don't you get? Its' like this alpha thing is getting the best of you-" He cut me off by kissing me harshly.

I dropped my anger, for now, and kissed him back. I was so into the kiss everything slipped my mind. He kissed me hard and then lightened his kisses as they trailed down my neck. I can't really tell you what I was feeling except for sparks, fireworks, heat, and even more heat other than that I can't describe anything else. I felt so hot! As soon as he knew he had me like putty in his hands he clamped his canines on the side of my neck and I felt like everything on my body went limp the only thing I felt was him licking the mark closed. That's when I blew up I composed myself and as soon as he moved away I was raging.

"DID YOU JUST MARK ME?" I snarled.

"Its for your own good, that way everyone knows you're my mate and no one can take you." He smiled.

"Get out."

"But Audrie, you should be happy! We can move on with the mating process." He cooed.

'Denis.' I growled through our mind link.

'Sistah! What's up how you doin?' 

'Please come get your alpha before I kill him.' 

'Didn't you two just make up? You two really need to see a counselor.' 

'GET IN HERE NOW!!!!! THE BASTARD JUST MARKED ME!' 

Denis then ran through my door and dragged Neal out by his neck. I can't believe he just did that without asking. He's so going to pay.