Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Neal's POV

I laughed as Audrie scrambled out of my arms and ran to get ready for the party tonight. I decided to lie on her bed and put my hands behind my head as I leaned against her pillows. I crossed my feet and watched whatever was on TV. Audrie walked in about twenty minutes later with her hair dripping wet and a towel wrapped around her body. I hitched my breath and looked at her as she looked through the drawers and came beside me for something she left on the bed. She smirked but tried to hurry up and get dressed as I saw goose bumps rise on her skin. I tried to avoid looking at her but I couldn't help but watch her every move.

"Can you do me a favor?"

I saw her take a deep breath then turn her back to me.

"What Neal?"

"Keep your freaking clothes on your driving me insane!" I said while covering my eyes.

She laughed, and that made my heart melt as she made her way back into the bathroom to put on the rest of her clothes. She came out the bathroom with everything on but a shirt and I just couldn't seem to control myself. I grabbed her roughly by the arms and pushed her against the wall and I brushed my lips against hers softly.

"I warned you." I murmured into her ear.

Her breathing increased as I placed light kisses from her jaw line to her neck. She took a deep breath, careful not to make any noise. I smiled as I heard her heart rate increase and her back arch as I kissed the sensitive part of her neck.

"N-N-N-Neal."

"Hmm?" I managed to say between kisses.

"I have to get my shirt." She murmured.

I inhaled her scent one last time before pulling away from her completely. I brushed one strand of hair out of her face which had tingles spreading throughout my body and I smiled as she relaxed.

"Wow, I didn't think I could make you stutter like that." 

"Shutup." She snapped as she put on her black t-shirt and brushed her hair.

"Are you mad at me or something? I told you to put some clothes on!"

"Clothes off? Oh no! Dad! They're being freaks!" Tyler yelled at the top of his lungs as he pulled Audrie out of the room.

I growl rumbled through my chest before I could think twice about what just happened. I don't mean to be overprotective it's more of instinct or shall I say reflex. I took a breather and headed into the room I was staying in and began getting ready for the party.

~~~

Audrie's POV

Tyler was nearly dragging me down the stairs as I was trying to finish brushing my hair. He eavesdropped at the wrong moment and now I had to suffer the consequences of my angered twin. This is why I say I'd rather have Faith as a twin! Tyler barged into dad's office without knocking and pushed me into the nearest chair. My dad is in here an awful lot you would start to think the office is his mate, I folded my arms across my chest and spun around in circles.

"Dad my sister is gone! She's beginning to be a freak a leak!" Tyler shouted.

"No I'm not. You just need to mind your own darn business." 

"Mind my own business? You're my freaking twin Audrie we're supposed to be close! We were born the same day! How don't you get where I'm coming from? I don't want you getting hurt." He breathed.

"Really Tyler? Really? Because when you got here, I got hugs and greeting from everyone except you! Looks like mates are more important than blood." I spat.