Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Audrie's POV

"Bite me." Em said as she walked down Spence's driveway towards the bush I was hiding behind.

"No can do, that cucumber scented lotion you have on might make me want to choke on my own air. I seriously think it smells gross! And you want me to bite you? Are you seriously trying to kill me or?”

She sent me an emotionless look, yeah I should probably shut up, but come on you know that's not like me.

"What happened between you and Spence? Shouldn't he be walking you home...? Not letting you walk out here alone, in the dark, with the streetlights, and with the crickets cricketing annoyingly, also your echoing footsteps, and oh yeah the possibility of you getting hurt? He’s supposed to be a gentleman!" I practically yelled.

"Audrie."

"And what gives him the right to just diss you like that? Does he not understand I will march into that house and beat him down, to the ground, into a pound, without a sound?”

She busted out laughing then, as if she were making a mockery out of my seriousness. I turned around back towards the house and she laughed louder and harder gripping her stomach in the process. This is why I can never be civil, there's always someone testing me, whether it’s a joke or not, someone is about to get their butt kicked.

"Calm down!" She smirked.

We heard harshly paced footsteps touching the pavement until of course...

"Emilie! Wait up!”

"Speaking of lover boy." I murmured and she elbowed me harshly.

He grew closer until he was face to face with the both of us, panting because he was so out of breath. His chest heaved up and down in a breathless movement until he caught up with himself. 

"You have got to be kidding me." I said through mind link to Em.

"You're so mean, at least pretend like you appreciate him coming for me."

"Appreciate? Em, I am 10 full seconds from shoving my wolf hind leg so far up his butthole, he'll feel the "appreciation"."

She growled lowly.

"I realized I didn't want you to walk home alone. it’s dangerous considering Audrie only fends for herself at times."

"You're seriously asking for an as-"

She shot me a sympathetic look, in hopes of me controlling my anger. She's lucky I love her as a sister because if it were anyone else, it would be so on in these streets! No one understands how much I want to kick him where the sun don't shine or even strangle the living out of him because he was so selfish. Whether he knows she's his mate or not, that was a jerk move! I made it clear by my facial expression that I wasn't happy one bit about Spence's fake example of an excuse to come "looking" for Em. I kept my distance from him just in case he was asking for a knuckle sandwich, why did it have to be him out of all people? No offense but, if Jess was actually alive right now maybe I'd consider their relationship far more than this one.

"I'm sorry about what happened at dinner Emilie.”

She tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, and shrugged carelessly, "It's cool, considering that was a pure example of you being such a jerk to your little sister. Like what type of guy does that? Are you really that selfish? You knew that would upset her... but you said it anyway."

He scratched the back of his neck, probably thinking of something even more stupid than his actions were a few hours earlier.

"It was a joke.”