Chapter 2

• Dedicated to China

(A/N) Uploaded this today and I'm already getting good feedback thanks for the support and here's the second chapter :)

Chapter 2

I walked towards her and sat on the couch not wanting to hear what she possibly had to say right now. Denis and Faith, the two oldest, and identical twins were sitting on the floor and couch waiting to tell me the news they were talking about with our mother. I'd rather be Faith's twin then Tyler's, he's such a pain in the butt and yes a neat freak!

We all have those golden eyes we've inherited from our father, who is alpha, but had to move his alpha duties to another state where our pack was getting into a little trouble. We all have dirty blond hair but my mom has brown hair which none of us got. I'd really love to have brown hair instead of dirty blond; I think it would make me look better than I do now. I never did mention Tyler and I were twins huh? Okay so yeah, we are both 16 and you know the rest besides him being taller than me which isn't much of a surprise.

"Mom I'm really running late, Neal is not going to be happy about this." I warned hoping she will let me free.

"Just sit and listen for once." Faith said out of nowhere.

"Where'd you come from? And we're going to have a talk about you 'borrowing' my necklace from Sea World!" 

"Audrie calm down what I have to tell you is-" She got cut off.

"Audrie I'm going to kill you!" I heard Tyler scream from upstairs.

"Well that's my cue I have to split see you guys later!" I said running out of the door.

Running out into the hot sun gave me the state of mind that this summer breeze is going to last forever. I didn't have time to grab my skateboard so I ran as if my life depended on it. As I got closer to the park I saw Neal tapping his foot uncontrollably trying to cope his anger.

"Hey Neal, sorry I'm kind of late, I just had a busy morning." 

"Kind of late?" He said sarcastically.

"Well I would have been on time if my mom wouldn't have held me up and Tyler playing stupid games and not telling me where my baseball cap was." 

He chuckled shaking his head. I walked towards the swings with him and we started swinging and talking as usual.

"So what do you plan on doing this summer?" 

" I don't know yet probably spending some family time at the beach like we do every summer." 

"Cool, I have no idea what my mom and Amanda have in mind but I'm hoping it has nothing to do with sun bathing like last year." He shuttered thinking of last summer's memories and sun burns.

"Haha, wow you always remember the oddest things." 

I stopped swinging my legs on the swing and looked up at him.

Neal and I have been best friends since birth, his mother and my mom are best friends also they did everything together. Like getting pregnant at the same time so that Neal and I could meet and never want to be separated. That's how close we are and I know its weird because our moms gave birth to us on the same day and year. He was born ten seconds earlier which gives him the advantage of thinking he's better than me.

"Yeah, how's your mom handling your dad being away for so long?"

"She looks okay but I know it gets hard for her seeing their pictures together throughout the house and only hearing from him twice a month." 

"Oh I'm sorry if only he could come back and stay with you guys again." 

He hopped off the swing.

"I wish, you and dad are the only ones I feel understand me better than everyone else." I said hopping off the swing and walking back towards the curb to sit down.

"It will get better soon Audrie I swear." Neal said sitting next to me and nudging me on the shoulder.

"I hope." 

"Yeah well I know I just got here like five to ten minutes ago but my mom keeps calling me through this mind link crap and its getting annoying." 

"Okay well if you need me I'm here like always." 

I hugged him goodbye feeling this urge in my chest that this will be the last time I'll see him until the end of the summer but I shrugged it off. I jogged back home with the rest of the energy I had left because it was getting dark.

The street lights were beginning to come on and I opened the front door. Only we would be the ones to leave our front door unlocked, but I highly doubt anybody would try to break into a house full of a pack of wolves. My mom was sitting in the same spot I had seen her in before I left. Closing and locking the door I kicked off my sneaks and headed back towards the couch.

"Okay mom, what do you possibly have to tell me that is so important?"

She looked at me with her red eyes and tired out body that I wasn't use to seeing. Her eyes were puffy and her hands were trembling so much that I had to hold them.

"Mom?" 

She looked up with the tissue she had in her hand and smiled that fake guilty smile. "You're going to live with your father for the summer."