Chapter 35

Chapter 35

I tossed and turned until I gave up completely, they nurse finally took out that stupid Iv and my arm was still a little stiff and numb from the needle. I pushed the blankets off of me and quietly walked towards my door, I didn't want to wake up Denis and Tyler; who wouldn't leave my side since they forced Neal out of here. I knew my back end was showing thanks to this stupid clothing they put on me so I covered it up the best I could and walked out into the empty hallways. I walked quietly down the hall until I reached Jessie's door.

I knocked lightly and I heard him say 'come in', I overheard the doctors saying he was healing faster and now the only thing that needed healing was the ribs on the left side of his body. I opened his door and was shocked at how different he looked, I could clearly see the dark purple bruises on his arms, legs, and face, his lip was busted but he still had the cocky smile on his face. I closed the door behind me and walked up to his bed.

"How could you smile when you look terrible?" I asked.

"I'm just happy you're okay and you still look beautiful." 

I hopped in the bed with him and he pulled me close to his right side. I can't believe Neal hurt him like this and I also can't believe Jessie didn't fight him back because after what he's been through I would love for him to break Neal in half. I sighed and leaned more into his chest as he tightened his grip from around me.

"Nice mark." He teased.

I lifted my head and roughly punched him in the hip and he cringed slightly.

"Sorry." 

"You're so abusive." He pouted as he quickly pushed me off the bed.

That fall hurt so much! I wasn't sure whether or not I would be able to get up, but it seems like Jess found it very amusing!

"Stop laughing its not funny! And you're such a hypocrite!" I snapped as I got off the floor and lied next to him again.

This time I snuggled into his chest and fell asleep with him still chuckling. I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed but uncomfortable. I can't believe I fell asleep without Neal! I think I might be able to get through this after all. I sat up and stretched with my eyes still closed and realized Jessie still had his arm around me. I tried untangling myself from him but he just squeezed me tighter, so I began hitting his arm violently to wake him up. Being the deep sleeper he is I rubbed my eyes and went back to sleep. 

It was until I heard the door open that I woke up again.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" The nurse asked shielding her eyes.

"Yes you were-" Jessie started.

"Not! You weren't interrupting anything." I cut him off.

"That was so rude Audrie. You don't have to be embarrassed." 

"Jess what are you talking about?" 

"Excuse me nurse but if you may, can you please leave us alone for a second? I need to give Audrie a spanking." 

"N-N-No! What? What are you talking about! I'm so confused!"

"Do be babe, it's okay, and she probably heard your yelling and decided to check up on me. You were pretty loud." He teased.

My eyes widened, "I was yelling because you were hogging the covers! Don't get that idea nurse! He's just a sick pervert!"

The nurse smiled, "You two are too cute. I'll be back later to change the sheets." She teased.

"What? No! Listen to me lady! He's lying! I don't roll like that!" I shouted as she closed the door.

Jessie was now trying to hold in a laugh but it wasn't working. I was fuming from what he said! I would never! Ugh, this boy is so sick I can't believe I spent a night with him! He was now laughing louder than ever and I had to smirk because of the redness spreading across his face. He finds this funny now but I'm going to get him back! I scooted out of the bed and started towards the door.

"Wait, you might want to cover that wide hole on the side of your gown." He laughed.

I looked to the left side of my gown and saw a gaping hole on the side of my hip and it showed my underwear and an even amount of skin. Someone just do me a favor and shoot me! I covered it with my left hand and kept walking towards the door.

"You butt looks really nice from here."

I walked over to him, leaned into his face and once he thought I was going to kiss him I twisted his nipple and he howled in pain.

"See ya later perve." I giggled as I patted his head and left.

I jogged back to my room only to run into a hard infuriated chest. I looked up and saw those new hazel eyes I haven't gotten use to yet. He grabbed my wrists and smelled my neck, my shirt, and my hair only to face me with yet another furious facial expression. I yanked away from him and ran and sat in my bed just in time for the nurse to come in and give me my breakfast which was thank the lord Frosted flakes with some fresh fruit, orange juice, and toast. Weird breakfast but I love this nurse!

"Excuse me nurse." I managed to say after each chew.

"Yes, Ms. Benton?" 

"You really deserve a high five for this breakfast." I smiled and gave her a high five.

I was now stuck in the room with the now hardcore alpha that was supposedly my mate. He just watched me eat, drink, and swallow in the same order until I was finished with my breakfast. He pushed my tray to the side and approached the side of my bed.

"How are you?" He asked.

"How are you?" 

"Lonely, upset, and guilty." He mumbled.

"Bravo. And the grammy for best actor goes to you."

He just stood there unimpressed with the same blank look on his face. Honestly it was getting really boring just seeing him like this. At least Jess had a smile on his face most of the time, I don't remember the last time I've seen Neal smile since he got here, I really miss that part of him.

"We need to talk." 

"Is that the alpha speaking or is it Neal?" I questioned.

"It's me."

"And who are you?" 

"Your mate." He answered in an annoyed tone.

"No you're not. Seriously who are you?" I asked again.

"Neal, your best friend, Neal you're almighty alpha, Neal you're soul mate." 

"You forgot something." 

"What did I miss?" He questioned eagerly.

"Your forgot you're Neal the arse who marked me, the jerk, the coward of a friend and mate, the arrogant and ignorant alpha, and the prick who I no longer want to speak to." 

It took him a minute or so to take all of that in. I never thought I would use those big words in my life, but I guess school actually does come in handy. He didn't move or say anything probably thinking of something more mortifying to say.

"I want to apologize for everything Audrie. What can I do to make it up to you?" He asked.

"What will it take?" 

"Anything, I'll do anything."

"Okay starting now. In order for us to get back into things everything I do to you is punishment. No complaints or anything okay? No more hurting Jessie or trying to seduce me got it?" I addressed.

"Yes ma'am." 

Oh this is going to be good, by the time I'm done with Neal he's going to be begging for forgiveness.