Chapter 52

Chapter 52 (Preview)

Amanda looked at me wide eyed as if she’d seen someone just rise from the dead. I can’t really blame her because I feel as if my heart is going to burst out of my chest and land right on my lap. I just don’t understand how this could be possible. Maybe it’s the weather, yeah; I’ll go with along with that.

“A second mat-“ Amanda started but was cut off by Audrie opening the driver’s side door.

“A second what?” She asked as she sat bags of groceries in the empty space next to me.

“A second mattress…Em, needs a new mattress.”

She covered that up really good… so much sarcasm in that one statement! I just, I don’t know where to begin! I think I should talk to the alpha about this; maybe he can try and help me understand why I’m clearly having the same signs as I would for my actual ‘werewolf’ mate. Apparently, Spencer isn’t a werewolf. But I mean can’t it be possible to have a mate who is just 100% human rather than 505 human 50% werewolf ?

“Really? Do you really think I’m going to buy that ?”

Amanda and I exchanged glances.

“Yeah.”

I was hoping and praying we were talking about the mattress rather than my oh-so ridiculous situation I was in. She shot me a questioning look in the rear-view mirror before  actually putting the car into drive and heading back home . The car was silent, despite the face of Miguel’s “Adorn” blasting through the speakers.

“Soooo, anyone want a twizzler?” Amanda asked as she looked through the bag for the plastic red bag of twizzlers.

“You know, eating twizzlers probably isn’t good for-“Audrie started.

“Isn’t good for what? Are you calling me fat? Are you calling me a bad mother for feeding my unborn child a twizzler before we eat lunch? What are you saying huh? I really want to hear this.”

Amanda dropped the bag of twizzlers on her lap and stared Audrie down until she could come up with an answer. Oh Audrie, you should have just let the pregnant woman eat her twizzlers! Never, ever, say anything to a pregnant she-wolf about what she should eat or how she should eat especially when her emotions are completely out of control the whole nine months.

“I was going to say you probably shouldn’t eat those before dinner, it’ll spoil your appetite .You already ate lunch before we left, remember ?”

And it starts now .

“So what are you trying to say ?”

“Nothing Amanda, I’m just trying to be a good sister and of course auntie. But you aren’t even realizing I’m helping you !”

“Helping me? How ? By insulting me ? “

“Guys…” I said.

“No! I’m not insulting you ! Just listen to me for once !”

“Guyssss…”

“Listen to you for what! You haven’t even mated with Neal yet! So how are you going to know what’s best for me when you won’t even listen to what I have to say when it comes to mating ?! “

“You guys !” I yelled.

“WHAT ?! “ They yelled simultaneously.

“You two need to listen to each other in order to get a full understanding of what the both of you are trying to say . So stop arguing before I go all wolf on both of your behinds ! “

They both we completely quiet throughout the rest of the car ride. Boy, do these two give me a headache .