Chapter 54

Chapter 54

I stood there staring uncontrollably at Audrie's car as she approached closer to my house and parked the car right behind mine in the driveway . I lost my form of breathing as I saw the blonde girl with blue eyes that I ran into at the grocery store slowly get out of the passenger side . She shot me a smile that nearly blew me away and I managed to suck a lung full of oxygen through my airways as she approached me slowly . I watched each of her bodily movements as if I really had to memorize them,  it went from the way she blinked, to the form of her lips, to the way she swayed her hips as she took each step . Once she was within a few inches away from me she reached her hand out .

"Do you need help with that ?"

I looked down at the struggle I was having with the groceries and looked back up to meet her piercing blue eyes .

"No I got it, thanks anyway ... Uhm, what are y'all doing here ?" I said as I swallowed hard.

Audrie soon came into view and came in between us.

"We can't just visit you out of surprise Spence ?" She asked.

"I didn't say that . Why are YOU here Audrie, out of all people ?"

"Woah, woah . Hold on there tiger, this isn't about me and you if that's what your thinking . I just wanted to formally introduce you to Emilie . We can plan our years worth of pranks later on, before the school year starts ."

I zoned out when Audrie began talking about our traditional pranks we did every year . I'm still paying for those every week suspensions or detentions til this day . My dad had to step in and talk  the principal out of pressing charges and just let me do community service this summer . And guess what Audrie got ? Yeah, absolutely nothing . I can't believe I use to have a crush of this lunatic, I call my partner in crime. My mind then shifted to Emilie her name was just as beautiful as she was . I can't keep my eyes off of her .

"Earth to Spencer !"

I shifted my gaze to Audrie .

"Close your mouth and take us inside so that I can see my favorite little girl ."

"Audrie, you know where the door is . Can I talk to Emilie for a second if you don't mind ?"

She rolled her eyes, " Well excuse me, I didn't mean to "cut in " ."

And with that she marched her way into my house to greet my little sister Mia . Her favorite, I sure hope she doesn't have kids later on in her life . She's a bad influence on my sister . I rolled my eyes at her and put my full attention on the already shy Emilie .

" Am I making you nervous ?" I asked as I closed the distance between us .

I heard her suck in a sharp breath and turn her gaze halfway towards me as she looked down awkwardly . I lifted her chin up with my finger and stared deeply into her eyes, I felt a connection towards her that I've never felt towards any girl in my entire life . I heard a heart increase its rate for the first time, as I listened carefully it was mine increasing but then I heard another... and I realized it was hers . I jumped back in amazement and nearly scared her to death .

"Are you okay ?" She asked.

I touched my heaving heart, "Yeah, I'm fine.. why don't you come inside to meet my family ?"

She nodded and linked her arm with mine as we made our way to the front door .

~~~

Audrie's POV

Inside I came in face to face contact with my favorite toddler in the world . Mia ! I loved this little girl to death ! Her jet black hair and hazel eyes were just the start of what made me fall in love with her for the first time. She's such a creative little wolf, always making collages with the magazines her mommy told her not to touch or little glittery finished toilet paper rolls . She's such a sweetheart along with it which just warms my heart .