Chapter 37

Chapter 37

I finally made it to the cafeteria, it was packed like any other cafeteria and of course full of delicious hospital food. If you didn't catch a little bit of sarcasm in that then I'll just tell you I was being sarcastic. But I have to admit some of the food here is the bomb! I saw Tyler, Faith, Denis and Jessie from the corner of my eye and decided to head over towards them. They were so busy laughing they didn't notice me come and sit at the table with them until I cleared my throat. The laughter stopped and Jess stared at me as if I were a goddess or something.

"Uhh, Jess?" I said awkwardly as I snapped my fingers in his face.

He didn't respond just kept staring at me, it was until Denis slapped him in the back of the head that he came back to this world.

"Dude, stop staring at my sister like that." Tyler and Denis snapped simultaneously.

"Yeah!" Faith added.

I just looked at her and laughed, what I want to know is what's up with Jessie all of a sudden? It's like he's never seen me before. I shook off the thought and started talking to Faith about her upcoming dance contest in about five weeks. Jessie kept sending glares my way every here in there but it still didn't bug me, probably because I kissed the boy and I know he still has those feelings about me.

"Hey Jess, can you come with me to get some pie?" I asked.

He nodded and slowly scooted out of his chair and walked a few paces ahead. I speed walked until I reached his side and decided to ask him what's up.

"What's going on? Are you alright?" I asked clearly concerned but annoyed at the same time.

"Yeah... I'm fine Audrie, I'm just so distracted by your hotness that I forgot we- I mean you-uh." 

I just rolled my eyes and started walking up to the counter full of different flavor pies. I stopped in mid stray and turned on my heels.

"Don't you dare look at my butt." 

"It's a little too late for that." 

"Pervert."

"You like it." He teased.

"Over my dead body."

I walked up to the counter, got some apple pie, and brushed past him. As I walked past a group of guys, they stopped talking and stared at me. I found it quite weird but ignored it as I kept walking, it was then that a blonde haired, grey eyed guy approached me. He had a nice smile, cute dimples, really nice eyebrows... I really have to ask him where he goes.

"Hi." He said shyly as he scratched his arm.

"Hey what's up blondie?" I replied as I started picking at my pie crust.

"My names Ashten and I was wondering if...you would like to you know hang out sometime?" He stuttered.

"I'm Audrie, and you seem kind of cool. I'll take that in consideration."

He handed me a paper with his number on it and I took it. When he walked back to his table I saw his friends hooting and hollering while patting his back. I shook my head and sat next to Tyler only to catch half of their conversation.

"Yeah he looks terrible. Audrie must have put him through some serious s-"I cut him off.

"Tyler. I'm still not talking to you but I'll just let you know that you need to mind your business because that's what got us in this argument in the first place."

"I think we should get a family counselor." Denis blurted out.

"Me too." Faith agreed as she reached over and ate a piece of my pie.