Hongo Masamune x Reader

HEARTBREAK GIRL

Hongo Masamune, the Ace of Komadai Fujimaki and your best friend. The both of you were very close to the point that you'd sometimes be mistaken as lovers. Of course you'll deny it in a flash and Hongo would usually just smile. The blunt ace only has a soft spot for you and no one else. He did have feelings for you for a while now but you're into the guys who would always break your heart.

Now, you were dating the famous playboy, Narumiya Mei. You met him during the nationals. He was the first to approach you and the first one to leave you too. You always had an on and off relationship and guess who is the person you always vent or cry to? Yup. You guessed it right. It was your best friend Hongo Masamune.

The day has finally come that Narumiya decided to break up with you permanently. You cried your heart out and decided to call Hongo. He was laying on his bed thinking bout you then his phone rang.

You call me up,
It's like a broken record
Saying that your heart hurts.

You were sobbing and ranting about your break up with Narumiya and that he dumped you cause he got tired of the long distance relationship. Hongo just listened to you and comforted you from time to time. After telling him everything, you wanted to rest so you said your good nights and ended the call but not before saying thanks to him.

And when the phone call finally ends,
You say, "Thanks for being a friend, "

"Ahh shit. I hate this set up. Why can't she actually see that I'm here? I'm freaking right here for goodness sake. Why can't she try loving me, who was by her side since day one?" He muttered and sighed. He was wrecking his brain as to why you're always going to guys who would surely break your heart.

He decided to just straight out confess to you. Maybe that would help you realize and hopefully you'd give him a fair chance. He can't take it anymore. Your sobs on the call, your tears every time you'll hug him and tell him what happened and the hurt you were feeling. He had enough. It's worth giving it a shot.

The next day, when you arrived to practice, your eyes were puffy and red. He went to you and hugged you as a sign of comfort. You giggled and thanked him. Telling him you're alright. "(F/n)? Can I talk to you after practice?" He said and you nodded. You then went to the other managers to help with the work.

After practice, he told you to wait for him under the tree that you always have lunch at since he had to shower and change his clothes. You nodded your head and waited for him. Sitting down on the grass and scrolled through your phone. After a few minutes he arrived. You stood up and brushed your skirt. "You needed to talk to me Masa-kun?" He nodded and held your hand. Which you looked at him confused and tilted your head. Cute! Oh wait! No! It's not the time to think that. I'm gonna confess. It's now or never.

"I like you (f/n)! I... I had always been by your side and I can't help but fall in love with you." He said and you giggled. "Thanks for comforting me Masa-kun. I know you just did this cause I told you that nobody loves me right? Thank you." You pulled your hands away and kissed his cheek. "Got to go Masa. I still have to go to the grocery store. See you tomorrow!" Then you went on your way.

He was shocked. He couldn't even move or say anything to you. You just brushed his confession off just like it's nothing important. He sighed and facepalmed. "Damn..." He looked at your retreating figure and turned his back on you. Tears slowly glided down his cheeks. "It hurts... Being stuck in this situation"

The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.
Hold you tight straight through the day light,
I'm right here, when you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

~A/N: this song is from 5 seconds of summer, Heartbreak girl. Love this song❤️ anyway here is your second request @AnimeMangaAddicted ❤️😊

(F/n) first name

Italics - thoughts

Bold - lyrics