Sawamura Eijun x Reader

~A/n: contains a bit of spoiler!!!! Read at your own risk

ALWAYS

It's been almost three days since your boyfriend started to act weird. He wasn't his usual loud self which made you worry. Sawamura might be a loud mouth and has too much confidence for his own good but he too is very emotional. A few words could make his mood turn sour or he'll start doubting himself the minute when he hears or someone says something about his pitching or his game.

He was staring into space again as the two of you had lunch together. "Eijun" you called but the ace was in his own lalaland to notice your calls. "Eijun!" You yelled as he flinched and gave you a small smile. "Yes (f/n)?" He asked now looking at you as you had a worried expression on your face. "What's the matter? You've been acting like this for days now." You asked cupping his cheek as he sighed and rubbed his cheeks on your palm.

"Is it something you can't tell me?" You murmured as he shook his head. "You know I don't keep things from you" he answered as he gave you a hug and placed his head on your shoulders as he inhales your sweet scent. "Eijun?" You called as you caressed the back of his head. "Will you listen to my whining?" He asked as you giggled. "Haven't I always?" You answered as he chuckled. "Yeah." He murmured as he sat straight and looked you in the eyes.

"Am I the type of person who can't be trusted? Or something like the person who you don't want to share your true feelings with?" He asked as you furrowed your eyebrows. "Hmmm? Well, it depends since you're a blabber mouth but for me, you're someone I can share my feelings with and I would tell you everything I've been bottling up without being judged" you answered honestly as he sighed and gave you a small smile.

"Why? What happened?" You asked as he frowned. "Miyuki senpai talked to Furuya about going Pro to repay his family. I- I don't know why but I feel jealous. I'm his partner too but he didn't share his real feelings with me. I know it's childish of me to get depressed over that but the fact that it's just Furuya he opened too makes me feel like I couldn't be trusted, like I'm not his partner" he said looking down as you frowned.

"Eijun look at me" you said as he raised his head. "Come here" you opened your arms as he chuckled and went in your embrace as you hugged him tight. "Eijun, everyone has someone they want to open up too and not everyone has the privilege to know how someone truly feels. Like you and Chris-senpai for example. You were the only one he opened up to. I know it pains you that Miyuki opened up to Furuya rather than you but it doesn't make you any less than what you are" you said patting his back.

"There will always be people who trust you but won't entirely open up to you. You understand what I'm saying?" You asked as he nodded. "You just have to concentrate in your upcoming match with Inashiro. Don't let anything cloud your mind right now. Your world in baseball right now is just a stepping stone for a more vast world in the future." You kissed his forehead as the warning bell rang. "We better go" you said as he held you tight. "Iloveyou (f/n). Thank you." he said as you giggled. "Iloveyoutoo Eijun. Always" you murmured as he stood up and helped you after.

"I'm sorry for being all distracted and depressed for days" he said holding your hand as you both walked towards your classroom. "It's fine. That's why I'm here. For you to share your problems with. Even if I can't solve it at least I could be there to listen to your rants." You smiled as he squeezed your hand. As you arrived at the classroom, you sat down in front as he sat down in his seat. Looking at you as you talked to Haruno. How did I get so lucky to have you (f/n)? He thought as he saw your smiling face.

~A/N: Lol updating this at the mall before going home to my hometown. The connection is good so I updated early. Lol. For now, here's a short chapter 😘

(f/n) first name
Italics - thoughts