Kuramochi Youichi x Reader

YES!

Ten years, ten whole freaking years, that's the number of years you've been together with him, the number of years which had been the best years for you and the number of years you had to hide your feelings from your childhood friend, Kuramochi Youichi. It was heaven and hell at the same time. It was great that you're close to him in your everyday life, you were inseparable and you even decided to enroll in Seido together but the only thing you hate was that you're scared, so scared that you could lose him in a blink of an eye. He has always cherished your friendship and you were scared that if you confessed, your friendship would end or it would be awkward for the both of you.

There were times that you'd get mixed signals from him but knowing Kuramochi, it wasn't that kind of affection. I mean, one time a girl from your class confessed to him out of the blue in front of everybody. You flinched while Miyuki looked at you worriedly. Kuramochi just looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry but I don't need anyone else except (f/n)" he said and your eyes widened. "But she's just a FRIEND right? It's different from having a girlfriend " she said glaring at you and you felt your heart clench at the word 'Friend' but he shook his head. "I don't need a girlfriend. So stop and bug off" He said glaring at the girl.

The girl left with tears in her eyes. Kuramochi just sighed and continued talking to Miyuki while you listened to them as you clenched your fists under the table. Miyuki placed his hand on top of yours as you looked at him. You sighed and unclenched your fists. You knew you were different from other girls but still, you were his 'most cherished best friend in the whole wide world'. You'd sometimes think about scenarios of what would happen if you confessed but out of 5-10 scenarios would be bad and that made your heart waver.

You were glad that Miyuki was there to comfort you from time to time cause he was the first one to notice your feelings. Kuramochi may be sharp but he was dense to how you feel. Miyuki would give him hints but he just brushed it off since well, you know how Miyuki is. So he thought that Miyuki was just playing with him. Almost everyone in the team knew you both had feelings for one another but kept quiet since it was none of their business. They'd just watch over you both from the sidelines.

Practice ended and you were walking back to the dorms with Haruno, one of managers that you share a room with. You were in a daze for a while now. She knew you liked Kuramochi and gave you advices or lent you a shoulder to cry on as you couldn't take it anymore. She urged you to confess along with the other managers but you just gave them a sad smile. As you both arrived, you took a shower and had dinner. You were currently on your desk writing your homework.

As you finished, you stretched your arms and started to pack your things. Thank God it was a weekend tomorrow. I don't want to go to class with my head full of doubts and what ifs. After a while, you just sat there in a daze again. What if I confess and he just sees me as a friend? That would not only break my heart but surely would cause an awkward phase for us. I don't want to sacrifice our friendship for something that's unsure. You thought sighing as you looked at the photo on your desk. It was a photo of you both during your graduation, he was hugging you from the back, you were holding a bouquet that he bought and both of you were smiling brightly. "I wish you'd love me too" you murmured. Haruno who you thought was sleeping already, heard you and frowned.

Kuramochi on the other hand was doing late night practice with Miyuki. Miyuki finished his 100 swings and took a break, looking at his lead off man who was still swinging his bat. Zono, Nori along with the second year trio went beside him as they finished their swings too. "What are you looking at Miyuki-senpai?" Sawamura inquired as he looked at his captain who has his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm looking at a dense idiot who is clearly in love with his best friend but is to chicken enough to confess" Miyuki shouted the last part and Sawamura laughed out loud. Kuramochi stopped swinging his bat and glared his way. "Aaahh I should just confess my feelings for (f/n) too. She's definately a catch, Beautiful, smart and has a great personality." He gushed. Zono, along with the first years nodded in agreement.