Sanada Shunpei x Reader

DEMON'S BOYFRIEND

You and your boyfriend are currently in a long distance relationship because both of you attended different schools. He was in Yakushi High School at Suginami and you were in Hakuryu High School at Gunma. Both of you were known as a power couple. He was an ace in a baseball team while you were an ace in a volleyball team.

How did you meet? Both of you were classmates during middle school but due to your mom's work, you transferred to Gunma. You've been together for more than 2 years. You'd visit him when you had the chance and he would also visit you during his breaks. The thing is both of you were athletes and you only had limited time to go back and forth.

Every year you would celebrate his birthday together, you'd travel from home to Suginami but this year, you had a game and couldn't make it. To say it was disappointing on your part since you never miss his birthdays no matter what but Sanada is a very mature boyfriend. He understands why you couldn't make it.

"Shun I'm sorry. The schedule of the finals were just announced and it's on your birthday. I really want to spend my time with you on that special occasion. I want to be by your side. I'm really sad right now. I don't know what to do." you rambled on the phone and Sanada just chuckles. "Why are you laughing Shun? This isn't funny at all!" You grumbled and tears started to fall. He could hear your voice waver and he sighed.

"(F/n) it's fine. We both are very busy since we're both aces of our team and remember what we promised before? We would always support one another with the things we love." He explained softly and he can hear you muffling your sobs.

"Iloveyou (f/n). Stop crying. If I could fly there I would so that I could hug you tight and wipe the tears running down your face" he said and you let out a small laugh and sighed.

"I'm really sorry Shun. I promise I'll make it up to you." He can hear your sniffs and he smiled. "Yeah. Don't worry about it. It's already midnight. Why don't we sleep (f/n)? We both have morning practice later" you mumbled a 'yeah good night' "good night (f/n) iloveyou." You smiled replying a "iloveyoutoo" then the call ended.

Hugging the pillow with Sanada's t-shirt on it you smelled his familiar scent and slowly drifted off to sleep. Sanada would often send you packages with his hoodies and shirts sometimes your favorite snacks. He really is an angel in disguise.

*Time skip to Sanada's birthday*

You woke up at 7 since your game starts at 10. You called your boyfriend to greet him but he didn't respond. Maybe he was still asleep. Looking at your desk, the gift you prepared for him was there. It was a box with a few things in it, his favorite game, a couple t-shirt, a pair of shoes and a brand new mitt. You've been saving for half a year so you had enough money to buy him gifts. You picked up the gift and put it inside your cabinet.

Smiling, you decided to get ready. After getting ready, you grab the toast that your mom prepared for you and you read a note she left, telling you she had a business trip for 3 days. After reading the note you left the house. You texted your greetings to him but he still hasn't read it. You were beginning to over think things. Maybe he's mad that I can't come to his birthday? But we were okay last night. What happened?

Arriving at the entrance of the stadium where your team was waiting, you greeted the coach and your teammates. After 10 more minutes, you entered the stadium. Taking a deep breath. Time to concentrate. There's no use overthinking. I'll just ask him later. you closed your eyes to concentrate and when you opened them, you were ready to play.