Furuya Satoru x Reader

IS THIS LOVE?

He is the ace of Seido Baseball Club, The very ace who won countless of tournaments that led his team to victory and had been to the Nationals, He has never lost focus during a game, he may have bad days at some games but he is someone who would do everything in his power to get those 3 strikes. Right now he has a very big problem. No, it's not because of baseball and no, it's not because of his academics but because of a girl.

The girl is one of the top students in his grade and the ace of (f/s), her name is (f/n), she is also known as the cute girl who can whoop your ass if you did anything that could offend her. She may look delicate but she is strong since her father is a trainer in karate and she was trained since she was younger. The first time he noticed you was when you threw a guy over your head when he grabbed you by the shoulders forcefully. The first thought he had of you was COOL. 

That's when he started to take interest in you and to his delight, you were seated beside him during class. One time he forgot to bring his book and he was in a dilemma since the teacher was one who would ask you to read in front of the class. Noticing that he didn't have his book you asked him if he would like to share with you and he nodded. That's when you both started getting close to one another. 

You found the male entertaining, from when he's trying his best not to fall asleep in class but in the end he would fall asleep or when he's pitching during a match. You gradually got to know him and found him adorable. One time you caught yourself smiling while thinking about him and that made you blush. Now every time he talks to you, you heart seems to beat faster, you would find yourself looking at him and notice the little things about him that make him attractive to you.

It was lunch time, you and your best friend were eating on the roof when you asked her "(b/f/n) what does it mean when your heart beats fast when you're talking to someone and some times you'll get flustered too" your best friend looked at you with wide eyes. "What?" you looked at her terrified "Is this an illness or something??" she giggled and shake her head in disbelief "That my friend is what you call LOVE" she answered you.

Love huh? This is the first time I'm feeling this kind of emotion. You were lost in thought when she waved a hand in front of you. "It's Furuya isn't it?" She smirked and you blushed. "H-ho-how did you know?" she laughed out loud "You were pretty obvious since your eyes are always following him but lucky for you that idiot is dense" you hid your face in your hands "Oh God. This is embarrassing" She just laughed and patted your back saying something like 'ah young love'

Lately Furuya has been confused and scared every time he talks to you, his heart beats faster and his cheeks would redden which is a first for him. He decided to ask his friends and senpais after practice. He was pretty distracted during practice that he was scolded by Coach Kataoka and was given 20 rounds of running around the field. 

After practice, he asked Haruichi, Sawamura, Miyuki and Ono to listen to what he has to say cause it's been bugging him for quite sometime now. The four nodded their head curious as to what got Furuya distracted. "So what's the matter Furuya?" Ono asked. He looked at them debating whether or not to actually tell them or not. "Come on Furuya. We don't have all night. Miyuki-senpai and I still have to practice." Sawamura said.

"It's just... lately whenever I talk to (l/n) my heart would beat fast and my cheeks would feel hot. Am I sick?" He looked at the four worriedly. The four looked at each other and laughed. "You're not sick Furuya-kun" Haruichi assured the ace. "That's what you call LOVE. Am I right senpai?" Sawamura looks at Miyuki and he nodded. "So that's why you've been distracted in practice" Miyuki shakes his head. Well he is an idiot that only cares about baseball so I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't know what love is "Now that we answered your question, we should go to the cafeteria to have dinner" Ono urges the four and they all nodded. 

The next morning both of you had a lot on your mind, now knowing that what you both felt was love and not some sickness. You weren't sure how to act in front of him and he was also nervous. As you entered the classroom, he was already sitting in his sit. "Good morning Furuya-kun" You greeted with a smile on your face and he greeted you back. Then you both talked about your games and such until the bell rang and the teacher came in.

When lunch came, your best friend was absent and you were eating alone in your desk until someone stood in front of your seat. "ahm.. (l/n) would you like to eat with me at one of the benches near the big tree in the court yard?" You looked at him shocked. "Sure!" you answered with a bright smile and blushing cheeks. You grab your lunch and stood up, you both proceeded to the court yard side by side.

~a/n: I'm not sure if you really call that court yard but you get the picture lol

Love huh? It isn't a bad thing at all. You both thought with smiles on your faces

- after story-

You both sat next to each other and began eating your meal. Miyuki who happened to see you from his classroom smirked and took a picture of the both of you. Snickering at the side, Kuramochi looked at him like he is crazy.

"Why are you snickering?' Kuramochi asked. Miyuki pointed at your direction. "Is that Furuya???" The lead off man was shocked since this is the first for their ace to be seen with a girl alone.

"Yeah. So that's the girl he was talking about. Not bad" Miyuki scanned you from head to toe.

"He surely has taste." Kuramochi nodded in agreement.

While on the other hand, Haruno who saw your exchange went to Sawamura and Kanemaru to ask what happened since it was a rare sight. Then Haruno pointed out the window where you both were eating at the court yard.

"What the?!" Kanemaru stood up from his seat not believing what he saw while Sawamura chuckled.

"He asked us about it yesterday, seems like he likes (l/n)" Sawamura said.

"Well with that kind of atmosphere around them,  it won't be long until they confess to one another." Haruno smiled and Sawamura nodded.

"Can't believe Furuya would get a girlfriend before me." Kanemaru mumbled.

"Don't mind" Sawamura pats Kanemaru's back.

~A/N:

(f/s) favorite sport

(f/n) full name

(l/n) last name

Italics - thoughts