Narumiya Mei x Reader

~A/n: this is the continuation of Miyuki Kazuya x Reader - Doubts

CHANCE

It's been two months since you and Miyuki broke up and it's been rough for you. Thankfully, you had friends who would cheer you up and help you get through the days. Gradually, you began to accept the fact that what you had with him can never be fixed and with that you started to move on slowly.

Miyuki on the other hand was agonizing everyday. His performance was a mess. The team was worried about their captain but some who were close to you thinks that it was his karma. When they arrived back at Seido, Miyuki looked for you but days passed, he still hasn't seen you. Until Miyuki asked Yui who was one of your closest friends in Seido where you were.

She was reluctant to say but Miyuki was pressuring her to the point Kuramochi and Nabe had to pull Miyuki away. That's when Yui had enough and cussed at him. That he was the reason you were heartbroken to the point you wanted to transfer schools. He was the very reason you'd cry every night.

He was speechless, he turned to Kuramochi and grabbed his collar "so you knew yet you didn't tell me?!" He shouted at the lead off man only to be pushed off. "Why would I tell you? You already broke up right?" He scoffed at Miyuki. "But still.." Kuramochi glared at him. "This is what you get for hurting someone who's only reason was to love you" Miyuki just dropped his head. Kuramochi, Yui and Zono left him there.

"Why did I even do that?" Miyuki mumbled and went back to his room. He was beginning to fall apart while you're beginning to move on. You can't shake the fact that you still love him but you can never trust him again. Trust is everything to you but what he did was unacceptable and it shattered your trust and heart.

You were gradually settling in Inashiro. You had new friends and you're quite close with the team. Becoming a manager is one of the reasons you gradually forget the pain and began to enjoy yourself. The daily bickering of Itsuki and Narumiya surely was a sight to see. Shirakawa became your music buddy and as always Carlos was like a big brother, warding off flies who would attach themselves to you.

After 2 months, the team had their game and you were double checking the things before loading it in the bus. Narumiya was beside you hugging you and putting his chin on your shoulder. You can't deny the fact that you and Narumiya had something going on but it wasn't official. He was waiting for you and you're glad that he was patient enough to wait for you while you move on.

A month ago, Carlos and Narumiya got into a fight without you noticing. The reason? Narumiya asked Carlos if he could be your boyfriend and Carlos was not having it. Since Narumiya was also a ladies man. Carlos didn't want you to get your heart broken again. They were arguing to the point that Carlos almost punched Narumiya. Good thing Shirakawa was able to stop it.

One day Carlos had enough and finally agreed but he warned Narumiya that if he finds (f/n) crying again he'll beat the shit out of him which Narumiya nodded and ran to where you are. Shirakawa snickered and Carlos sighed. "It took you 2 weeks to finally give him permission" Shirakawa smirked. "He was annoying the shit out of me. Every morning till night he'd stick by my side! He even showered with me. Even (f/n) thought we had something." He sighed. Shirakawa just smiled and patted the male's shoulder and mumbled "good work"

When Narumiya found you, he asked you to give him some of your time which you agreed. He then confessed which shocked you. "(F/n)-chan I've been in love with you since the first day I met you. Please go out with me" he bowed and you stayed silent contemplating what to do. In the end you rejected him but he still didn't give up.

"I'm sorry Mei but I still can't bring myself to be in a relationship right now. I want to move on first so that I could love my partner genuinely" you explained. He smiled and held your hand. "I'm willing to wait. I'll show you my sincerity." Your eyes widened. "I don't want you to wait Mei. You could find someone better than me." You dropped your head looking at your entwined fingers.