Kominato Haruichi x Reader

GIFTS

Walking to school on a Saturday morning was hell especially after the late night studying you've done for the exams but being a manager of the Seido Baseball Club, it was one of your responsibilities to attend practice even if it's at 7 in the freaking morning on a Saturday. You grumbled as you walked to school. "Why did I even agreed to this?" You mumbled as Haruno patted your shoulder and greeted you.

"Morning Haruno!" You grinned at your best friend. "Golden week training will start next week. Are you ready?" She asked and you nodded. "It was already decided that I'll be doing the itinerary for the games that's why I'm coming early" she nodded her head. "Too bad I'll be with the second string." She pouted and you smirked. "Oooh someone wants to be with Sawamura huh?" You teased as she turned red. "Hey! Stop that! What if someone hears? We're already at school" she shushed you as you giggled. I really ship them too bad she's afraid to confess since Sawamura is on the dense side.

You both dropped your bags at the clubroom before going to the field. Everyone was there except for your boyfriend which was rare since Furuya and Sawamura were already there. You went to them and asked if they have seen your pink haired boyfried. They shook their heads and ran. You tilted your head in confusion as everyone except for the managers avoided you. You went to Haruno and frowned. "Do I look like shit rn?" You asked as she shook her head.

"Then why are they running away from me? It's not like I'm gonna gobble them up or something" you grumbled as she laughed. "Come on. We're in charge of cooking breakfast today since the cooks are not here" she said and you nodded. Going to the cafeteria. Everyone looked at your retreating figure and sighed. "Bakamura you're so awkward!" Kanemaru said while Tojo chuckled. "She might have noticed something wrong" Nori said as Furuya nodded.

"Where is Haruichi anyway? He left almost an hour ago" Sawamura asked and Kuramochi answered "he said he was getting her roses so I guess he went to town. He'll be here in a bit" Miyuki raised an eyebrow at him and snapped his fingers "oh! It's (f/n)'s birthday right?" They nodded "so that's why he asked me for gift suggestions and asked the coach if he could be late for morning practice." Kuramochi nodded.

"So you suggested roses?" Zono asked and he shook his head. "Nope. I only told him to buy her favorite. So I guess it's roses" he said as Zono nodded. Coach began to call them over and they started practice. Not long after Haruichi arrived with a bouquet of roses with a sunflower in the middle. Rei-san smiled at the blushing male as he placed the bouquet beside her. "Can I leave the bouquet here? So that (f/n) won't see" he asked and she nodded smiling at him.

~A/n: picture of the bouquet 👇

He then went to practice with the team

He then went to practice with the team. As the practice finished, he went to the dorms to wash up first and change then went to the office and grabbed the bouquet. He thanked the coaches and Rei-san for allowing him to leave his gift there and they nodded their head. "For (l/n)?" Coach Kataoka asked and Rei-san nodded. "Hoho that's sweet" Coach Ochiai added and Rei-san chuckled.

You were busy plating foods for the team to notice your boyfriend walk in the cafeteria holding his bouquet and a little paper bag with him. The cafeteria went silent and you turned your back to see why it became so quiet. As you turned around, you saw your boyfriend behind you with a smile on his face. "Happy birthday (f/n)" he said as you looked at him with wide eyes before hugging him tight. "Oh my God. I totally forgot it was my birthday." He chuckled. You pulled away and accepted the bouquet. "Close your eyes first" he said and you nodded.

He opened the paperbag and opened the small box with a necklace in it. It was a silver necklace with his initial on it. After he put it on you he told you to open your eyes. You looked on your neck to see a silver necklace and smiled. "It's a pair" he said showing you his necklace with your initial on it. You giggled as he pulled you by the waist and kissed your forehead. "Happy birthday love" he murmured and you pulled him to kiss his lips. "Thank you Haru" you said smiling at him.

~A/n: picture of the necklace. Just pretend it is silver 🙂

"EHEM" Sawamura yelled as you both broke away from each other

"EHEM" Sawamura yelled as you both broke away from each other. Kuramochi slapped him at the back of the head while Miyuki shook his head. "Don't mind us single people at the back. Please continue" he said and you blushed. Forgetting that everyone was here and looking at you both. Haruichi chuckled as you tried to hide behind him, your face blushing.

"I want a girlfriend too" Zono said and Nori patted his back "if you look like you killed someone everytime you bat then there's no chance" he said and Kuramochi laughed. "Savage" Shirasu mumbled as Miyuki chuckled. "Good luck" he said as he continued eating. Zono sulked at his teammates for not being supportive. Haruichi sat beside Tojo and began to eat breakfast as he looks at you from time to time and smiles as you make eye contact and you blush.

"Ahhh love" Sawamura says "I wish I'll experience it too before I graduate" he said and Haruichi chuckled "why not date then?" Kanemaru scoffed "who would date a baseball idiot?" Sawamura rolled his eyes and pouted. "What about you Furuya?" Tojo asked the tall male eating in front of him. "I don't care. As long as I have food and baseball I'm good" he said and everyone at the table shook their head. "Like I said, baseball idiots" Kanemaru said.

The day ended with you guys having dinner at your favorite restaurant. Haruichi took you home since it was getting a little bit late. As you arrived, he kissed you on the lips and bid you goodbye. You grabbed his hand before he could go and you held it tightly "thank you for today Haru. I really enjoyed it. Iloveyou" You smiled before kissing him one more time. He smiled in the kiss and as you both parted he kissed your forehead and answered an 'iloveyoutoo' as you entered your home and he went back to the dorms. As he arrived, he texted you letting you know he arrived safely and he was about to take a bath and sleep. You replied and you too went to sleep with a smile on your face.

~A/n: a birthday special since it's my birthday today! Lol I'm getting older 🤣

(F/n) first name
(L/n) last name
Italics - thoughts