Narumiya Mei x Reader

HEART BROKEN

What will you do if you see your boyfriend flirt shamelessly in front of you? What will you do if he accepts those homemade treats the girls give to him? What will you do if he allows girls to stick to him for a picture?

You were sick of it really. You've been thinking of breaking up with him for quite sometime now but you manage to convince yourself to be a little more patient since you love him so much. Maybe he'll notice the things he did are wrong but sadly he didn't.

Carlos and Shirakawa sometimes comfort you when there are days you just can't take it anymore. Like today, Inashiro has a game and you were a manager who's in the dugout with the team. Narumiya went out first followed by the team.

When you were about to go out, you were blocked by Carlos. You were confused at first but finally got to see a scene that made your heart drop. You saw a girl kissing Narumiya on the lips while wishing him good luck. The team was shocked even the coach who always had a poker face look at you with pity.

The coach covered your teary eyes and blocked you from the team's view while Masa-san told the team go on ahead. "(F/N) let's talk in the locker room first." Coach Kunitomo ushered you in. You nodded and wiped the tears that were rolling down your cheek.

Masa-san looked at you with sad eyes. He had been watching what Mei was doing he would warn him or get mad at him but the ace would just brush it off. You were a kind girl, always caring for the players first before yourself, you're one of the most beautiful in your year and you're smart always the top 1 in exams.

Why would you stay with Narumiya when he's treating you like shit. That's the question the coach and Masa-san have been thinking all this time.

The coach sighed and began to speak "Do you think you could handle it until the game ends? I don't want him to see you so weak" you nodded and wiped your cheeks. "I'll be fine coach. I'll go ahead after the game. I won't be going back with you." With that he sighed and nodded his head.

The coach patted Masa-san's shoulder and whispered I'll give you 10 minutes to calm her down. Which the captain nodded. He then went out the door. "Stop crying (L/N) I've told you many times before to just break up with him. He's only hurting you but why do you choose to stay?" He kneeled down in front of you and gave you a handkerchief.

You accepted it and took a deep breath "It's because I love him and if I let him go I'm sure I'll regret my decision" you answered. The captain patted your head "sometimes love isn't enough. Think about it"

There was a knock on the door and Shirakawa came in "it's time" he said and you both nodded. You took a deep breath again and stood up. I'm not gonna cry in front of him. I'll just finish this game and go home, cry my eyes out.

Before going out the door, Shirakawa held your hand as a sign of support. You smiled weakly at him. Proceeding to the dugout. You were in the entry way until you stopped. Shirakawa looked at you and sighed. He hugged you tight and whispered "be strong. This will be over in a bit" you hugged him back and nodded.

The team looked at you and they could see your eyes were red. To say they were furious with the ace is an understatement but they didn't want to affect their plays so they chose to shut up. You had always cared for them and they treat you as a irreplaceable manager and sister. You just looked at them and gave them a weak smile in which their hearts hurt for you.

Narumiya didn't even look your way. You sighed and sat on the chair. The game started but your mind is not in the game. You've been thinking about what the captain said and accepted that indeed it wasn't enough. You've been hurting for a long time and you began to lose sight of yourself. I guess it's time to end it.

As the results were out, Inashiro being the winner. You looked at your boyfriend sadly. This will be the last time I'm going to get my heart broken because of you.

You looked at the coach and he nodded. You went out of the dugout to get your things from the locker room. You asked to have a leave and will be back next week. You wanted some time to think about all of this and to be alone. In which the coach agreed. "Sort it all out and come back to the team" is what he said before you left.

As you went home, you texted your mom that you'll be coming back tonight and she replied that she'll cook your favorite dish. You smiled sadly, I don't think I'll have the appetite to eat.

Boarding the train you plugged your earphones and closed your eyes listening to the music that comforted you.

Back in Inashiro, Narumiya was looking all over for you but the team didn't say anything. He was getting irritated that the team was ignoring him. Until the coach personally told him to leave you alone. "I don't know if it's because you're too young and naive to see what's truly in front of you but I'm pretty sure you'll regret taking it for granted" with that the coach went out the door.

"You're all mad about me because of (F/N)?" Narumiya stated with a huff. "It's not a big deal you know. She's okay with it. She loves me too much to break up anyway." Carlos was about to punch him when the captain grabbed his shoulders to stop him. After that Narumiya was slammed to the locker by non other than his partner, Masa-san. The team was shocked and they rushed to pull their captain away from their ace.

"I've been bottling my anger for quite sometime now. I didn't want to get involved with your affairs but you're going too far! If only you've seen the look in (F/N)'s face you'll know how truly hurt she is. You're fucking stupid for hurting someone like her." With that he shook off his teammates, picked up his bag and left.

The whole locker room went silent. No one dared to speak. Until Shirakawa broke the silence "Mei, put yourself in her shoes. Then think about how you'll feel if she did the same thing you were doing. Think about it." With that the team left one by one. Leaving the ace their with his thoughts.

~AN: cliff hanger! Joke. I'll write the second part tomorrow since I've been busy today with all the packing of relief goods and such. Anyway stay safe guys! I hope this will all end soon.

(F/N) first name
(L/N) last name
Italic - thoughts