Kuramochi Youichi x Reader

BET

You are a member of the track and field and also knows as the fastest in the team. Kuramochi Youichi, who is the lead off man of Seido's baseball team, often practices with you in the field. "To practice my runs for stealing bases" is what he says.

He was loud and proud yet you don't find him annoying it was the opposite actually. You find him adorable. He may look like a thug but he is very caring towards people around him and he's very sharp too. The more you spend time with him the more you seem to grow fond of him.

One day he challenged you to a run. Which you found it odd but the competitive side of you doesn't want to back down. You accepted the challenge. It was a run around the field the one who loses shall do what the winner wants.

Both parties agreed to the terms and were getting ready. I'll win this and ask (F/N) out on a date. I must win! Kuramochi's thoughts were cut off when he heard Miyuki snickering at the side with the Kominato brothers, Sawamura and Furuya.

You were stretching when you heard the famous Sawamura Eijun shout "Kuramochi senpai! Win this and you'll get the girl" in which you felt a pang on your chest. Is he in love with one of my teammates? That's why if he wins he'll make me help him. No i can't let that happen. You were determine to win this bet no matter what.

As the bet was about to start, both of you asked a favor from the younger Kominato to be the one to count down. He agreed and went to the field, Haruichi asked if you were both ready and began to count down.

One...

Two...

Three...

Go!

You both ran with all your might but to your despair, Kuramochi was faster than you. You pushed yourself to the limits yet still fell short. You plopped to the ground, out of breath and groaned. Ok a win is a win. Even if it breaks my heart I'll support him.

"So (F/N) it's my win!" The cheetah smiles at you and offers you a hand. You take his hand and ask what he wanted. "Then will you please watch my game this Saturday? I want to show you what I'm capable of and if it's okay with you, let's grab something to eat after"

What did he say? Your thoughts are jumbled. He looked at you anxiously waiting for your reply. When you got back to your senses you replied "Are you asking me out Kuramochi?" He nodded.

Oh my gosh! I'm gonna faint. I can't believe it. Stay strong (Y/N)!

"Then my answer is YES!" You smiled brightly at him and he ran up to you and hugged you. "Thank you for giving me a chance (F/N)" you hugged him back and smiled.

*** AFTER STORY ***

"Wow. Can't believe Kuramochi is the first one to get a girlfriend" Miyuki commented as he sees the scene in front of him.

"I'm telling the team! Hehe." The older Kominato says with an evil glint in his eyes

"I'm so proud of you Kuramochi senpai!!! Wooooh! Go get her cheetah!" Sawamura shouted loudly in which you laughed.

I'm hungry and tired. I want to sleep. Should I go first or wait for them? Furuya debating whether to go ahead or not as his stomach growls loudly.

~A/N:
(Y/N) - your name
(F/N) - first name

Japanese words

Senpai - someone who's older than you