"I was joking, calm down, Harry."

I nod.

Lucy stretched her hand to me and her fingers caress my face. She touches my jaw line and then my cheek.

"You're always hurt, you know. There is always something on your face, I got use to it," Lucy mutters but I can't perceive fun and this is not like a joke." Why do you have scratches? "

"It's a long story but I don't want to talk about it."

Fray frowned.

"It was Emily, okay?"

"Is she out of her mind?" She exclaimed in surprise. "And you can't do anything about it, it’s not fair."

"Never mind, I'll see how to take care of her."

"Why did she do this?"

"Jealousy? She found out about us or something. "

"Now I'm scared."

"I would not let her touch you or hurt you, Lucy. I’ll protect you."

Since I sit in the chair and Lucy on the isle I take advantage of our height difference and rest my head on her thigh. Despite the fabric of her jeans I can feel the warmth of her skin.

"Why are you so warm? I bet every part of your body it's like this," I muttered.

"I see what-what you're trying to do. Don't run away, I want to know what else happened, "I heard Lucy.

I frowned.

"I got into a fight with Cameron."

"Wait, have you been fighting all week?" She asked and I notice the surprise in her voice.

"It's nothing new."

"I won't get used to that."

"You know a bit of fights, now you can do it too."

What did I just say? That was stupid.

Lucy doesn't respond right away. Her hand caresses my hair and I don't dare to look at her face.

"Harry, Emily did that? When...when you were together. She got into a lot of fights? "

"Hell yes but it was not fun. She is very good actually."

"I see."

"Doesn't mean I like what she did, it was terrible and frustrating. Even boring because it was always the same. "

Lucy sighs.

"Emily is going to kick my ass."

"That's not going to happen, she won’t hurt you, I swear."

"I want to ask you so many things about her but I'm scared."

"About what?"

"About the truth. The truth always hurts. "

I look up, Lucy is not wearing her glasses and she looks different. I get up and rest my hands on her knees. Our eyes connect. Now that we are facing each other I can notice that her breathing has changed. She barely moves.

"Can you stop staring at me? God, Harry, your eyes are killing me...," she whispers.

I smile a bit but I don't look away.

"You don't have to be afraid."

"I don't know, it's-it's hard for me," Lucy shrugs. "We are so different and Emily has better qualities than me."

"Better qualities than you? Are you kidding me? "I asked surprised. Lucy shook her head. "Like what?"

"Emily looks funny, she's wild, free, she's very beautiful, her legs are sooo long and her face is like perfect."